newer frame for 1975 CJ5

I suppose you can make anything work if you try hard enough, but I do know that the configuration of the frame changed after 1975. The frame rails on the 75 are pretty straight from front to back. In 1976 the frame became wider at the rear than at the front. Probably other changes in body mount locations also.

jp magazine did an article on making a home made CJ5 frame.. may want to look into it

jp magazine did an article on making a home made CJ5 frame.. may want to look into it

if anybody wants a copy of the article..pm me and I'll hook you up with a scanned copy of the article.

Love the CJ look. But the ride is horrible. With the fiberglass body there just isn't enough weight. Thinking about adding weight. I have the tires down to 20 lbs and that helped.

If anyone decides to go this way make sure you also check the following issue because there were some corrections to the dimensions of a couple of the pieces.

Love the CJ look. But the ride is horrible. With the fiberglass body there just isn't enough weight. Thinking about adding weight. I have the tires down to 20 lbs and that helped.

The ride has been steadily improved throughout the evolution of the jeep.
From the cj to the yj and the tj and now the jk.
You do, kind of get used to the rough cj ride and learn to drive accordingly.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom