Noob with a challenge! can you figure this one out?

Noob with a challenge! can you figure this one out?
Ok You have tried about everything possible. You still do not know if its fuel or electric. I suppose one more try wont hurt, and you said it gets fuel but Have you tried squirting gas in the carb while its running to see if it will continue to run? I have had a fuel pump deliver gas to get it started and after it ran the pump leaked out the arm into the the oil pan and starved the carb. I was lucky it didnt blow the oil pan off. What the heck. Its worth a shot.

did you try just jumping out the ignition system? take a pair of pliers and jump them across your solenoid, see if you can get it to turn over that way. had a similar issue w my 79 and i did that and it wound up being the ignition switch, not saying thats it but its worth a shot, good luck.

If i understand you, by jumping it I'm trying to get it to turn over> It turns over really well and fires in the start mode, just won't stay running in run

Ok You have tried about everything possible. You still do not know if its fuel or electric. I suppose one more try wont hurt, and you said it gets fuel but Have you tried squirting gas in the carb while its running to see if it will continue to run? I have had a fuel pump deliver gas to get it started and after it ran the pump leaked out the arm into the the oil pan and starved the carb. I was lucky it didnt blow the oil pan off. What the heck. Its worth a shot.

I have a full filter (clear one so I can see it's full), strong stream when i work the linkage, the needle and seat/float all seem to be working as gas does not drain back, the float is floating. Jeepers!

Dadsdream85. I think you have already achieved Hero status with what all you have done. Dont give up the ship. One of these days your going to look at something and say well Ill be :censored: There it is. :) Good luck.

Dadsdream85. I think you have already achieved Hero status with what all you have done. Dont give up the ship. One of these days your going to look at something and say well Ill be :censored: There it is. :) Good luck.

thanks bones. My aunt used to say "you'll get your reward in heaven", meaning you're getting nothing more than a thanks right now. Funny thing is, this is not my Jeep, its for my step daughter who caught the Jeep fever!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom