Not So Good Vibrations (Apology, Beachboys)

Not So Good Vibrations (Apology, Beachboys)

DHugg

Senior Jeeper
Media
Resources
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'80 CJ7 304AMC crate with 8KMiles: MC2100 - AMC20 rear w/Superiors - Dana30 front - TF999 - Dana300TC - 35x12.5's - Tilt steer column - Flaming Rvr EZ-Steer Shaft - AGR Super Pump - AGR Super Box II - RockyRidge HD Brace - New home-designed digital TEMP - GAS - OILPR - CALIBRATE gauges.
Now that everything loose is tightened up underneath my 1980 CJ7 , AMC20 , Dana 300 , TF999 , AMC 304 , I can feel vibration when under throttle, and none when throttle off at same speeds. I looked over the rear driveshaft, and I get "clunk-clunk" when I push side to side on the AMC20 yoke U-joint. I can see the u-joint move under the straps.

So new U-joints and U-bolts replacing POS straps are needed. The yoke on the AMC20 Diff can be drilled, but the yoke of the Dana 300 has no flats and not enough real estate to grind a nut face.

Can anyone suggest a junkyard donor where I can find a yoke that will bolt to the Dana 300 front/rear shaft, one I can drill if needed for U-bolt clamping of U-joints?

Any other wisdom will be gratefully accepted.

Once this job is done, I can move to the front end for some road-handling improvements.

Photos '80 CJ7 rear driveshaft, R shaft to AMC20 U-joint, r shaft to Dana 300 U-joint.

I would talk to Advanced Adaptors. I think you can do some yoke swapping but they will know spline counts.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom