off-road trips

Petescj asked the same thing a while back. We didn't get any response.
Windrock, Harlan, or anywhere in the middle would be cool.

The 4x4 club I'm in is going to Harlin co. KY (black mt.) and Jellico TN. this summer. :)
We didn't plan a windrock trip this year for some reason.:(

I want to go to the Big Bend but that would be a Fall kind of trip.

I have three weeks of vacation , but the only week I dont have plans for now is the week of Aug 22nd. We tend to make our plans early thats why I posted before. I may be able to grab a 3 day weekend somewhere along the line but those dont usually get approved until the week of.

Our Club is heading to the Badlands in April and Harlan in the Fall. Also doing Drummond Island as our in state trip this summer, late in the season.

Personally, heading to Moab/Grand Canyon as a family trip. Wife and I along with our granddaughter in my CJ7 , Son, daughter and son's girlfriend in his YJ. Rented a house in Moab at a really good price, less than we could get 3 rooms for sure. Plus, with a full kitchen and decks for viewing, made it an easy choice.

(Son and I are towing the Jeeps out and the ladies are flying to meet us).

I plan on taking my jeep up to Benbow Trail to get my jeep where the trucks cant go and go camping with the fiancee and shes being nice enough to let me find a jeep tub and buy some other misc parts here soon!

Rubicon in August with brothers and nephews. 5-9 rigs, still working on details. 4 Jeeps so far.

Tommy

Our Club is heading to the Badlands in April and Harlan in the Fall. Also doing Drummond Island as our in state trip this summer, late in the season.

Personally, heading to Moab/Grand Canyon as a family trip. Wife and I along with our granddaughter in my CJ7 , Son, daughter and son's girlfriend in his YJ. Rented a house in Moab at a really good price, less than we could get 3 rooms for sure. Plus, with a full kitchen and decks for viewing, made it an easy choice.

(Son and I are towing the Jeeps out and the ladies are flying to meet us).

Sounds like a great family vac.
When is your club going to harlan? We're going down for labor day weekend.

Trying to make a few trips on the way south when, we leave here MAY 19
arrive in Bellingham Wa, 28 May.
Then Im going to try and make the trip from bellingham to panama city, fla
take atleast 2 weeks :grinjeep::wasted:

March will have my annual trip into the desert. I chose a different area each year and which ever dog jumps into the jeep with me gets to spend 5 days with me exploring the desert. Usually I pick some historical area, this year I am going up around Ludlow.
June is my Birthday and I spend extended time in the SBNF exploring all those old trails noone seems to take much anymore. I will get a group of guys with me and we usually have around 5 jeeps.
August we have the yearly Big Bear Wine Tasting Club Meeting, we started this a few years back and we get a group of couples, rent a group campground above Big Bear Ca, and have a weekend of camping, wheeling and everyone brings up any wine they found that year they want to share, last year we had 5 couples, wheeled for 3 days and on Saturday night we went through around 25 different wines, Sunday morning moods were depressed.
Every Thanksgiving we host Thanksgiving in Calico, We have developed a group for this also, we camp remote in the canyons and spend the extended weekend, Wednesday through Sunday camping, wheeling, shooting, and just having a great time. Oh and the turkey dinners, This year I made turkey stew for lunch, and for dinner we had a guy deepfry a turkey, friday morning we woke up to turkey sauage and eggs for breakfast and that night we had turkey casserole, It sounds like you will turkey out, but man everything taste so good. We set up a shooting range into one of the canyon walls and have a blast several times a day when we have target practice. Just a great week.
And November is HUmp and Bump, one of the top 10 rated 4x4 events in the west, is in Logandale Nevada, wheeling is great, get to rub elbows with the top guys in Access issues and the raffle last year had over 35 thousand dollars woth of stuff in it. All proceeds go to the Southern Nevada Trail Fund, non profit group keeping trails open to the public.

Sounds like a great family vac.
When is your club going to harlan? We're going down for labor day weekend.

Thanks. Part of the reason I enjoy the CJ so much, wheeling with the entire family. Enjoy being able to spend a day wheeling with my kids, keeps us closer. Son goes to college at Central Michigan and we have a park called Rocks and Valleys that is less than 20 minutes from his apartment. Makes for some great quick weekend day trips to a cool park.

Club is headed to Harlan after Labor Day this year. We try and do a closer out of state run in the Spring and our big run in the Fall every year. Wanted to try for Harlan in the Spring, but have a few cleanups here that we do. So we ran out of free weekends.

We're planning on Big Bend National Park for about a week in May, with a couple of days in Big Bend Ranch State Park. The backroads in the National Park are easy runs, but some fantastic scenery. They've just opened up a lot of backroads in the State Park, and some of them sound real good - old wagon roads, ranch roads - and places very few people visit. Son just put a 6" lift on his Cherokee, so we'll see if it can keep up with the ole CJ or get hung up in the washes.

We need pictures Ken, lots and lots of pictures.:notworthy:

We're planning on Big Bend National Park for about a week in May, with a couple of days in Big Bend Ranch State Park. The backroads in the National Park are easy runs, but some fantastic scenery. They've just opened up a lot of backroads in the State Park, and some of them sound real good - old wagon roads, ranch roads - and places very few people visit. Son just put a 6" lift on his Cherokee, so we'll see if it can keep up with the ole CJ or get hung up in the washes.

Did you son have any issues with wheel wandering or anything wheel related after lifting it? just curious, this spring im lifting the soon to be wife's rig 3 inches and just was curious. also lots of pictures! do you have a picture of your sons cherokee? I wish we had more trails like everyone else does! :mad:

The jeep club I'm in is having our annual camp out/ride over in New Hampshire on some new trails i helped cut last year. Besides that a few of us are also taking a road trip over to upstate New York to a new off-road park over on that side of the lake. That's about as far as my off orad vactions will be going this year.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom