off-road trips

off-road trips
i'd like to load up sometime and take off out west but i don't see that happening. so i guess i'll just have to stay on the east coast. maybe they'll open up tellico again
you plan the trip, and I will show you the desert, and some good rock trails out here in SoCal. Historical sites will be on any trips, as will be Indian village sites with midens and pictographs

It is now official, we are going to Baja again for our annual trip. We got out first donations in for the village today, so things are looking good for another trip into Baja as I was afraid in this economy we could not raise enough to make the trip worthwhile, but a check came in the mail today that will make many a families new year a better time for all.

Me too , but odds are good mine would be a one way trip. It would be extremely hard for me to leave the West Coast again. Honestly the only reason Im here is my kids.
i'd like to load up sometime and take off out west but i don't see that happening. so i guess i'll just have to stay on the east coast. maybe they'll open up tellico again

I would love to take you up on this in about 6 yrs when my youngest is 18. :)
you plan the trip, and I will show you the desert, and some good rock trails out here in SoCal. Historical sites will be on any trips, as will be Indian village sites with midens and pictographs

Did you son have any issues with wheel wandering or anything wheel related after lifting it? just curious, this spring im lifting the soon to be wife's rig 3 inches and just was curious. also lots of pictures! do you have a picture of your sons cherokee? I wish we had more trails like everyone else does! :mad:

Wish we had more trails around here. The Big Bend thing is at least a 12 hour trip. The CJ gets to be a trailer queen up there and back. Around here it's just mud runs. Not my thing. I've been stuck by accident too many times to want to try and do it on purpose.
The boy did a good job on the Cherokee. No pics yet. He did the chalk line-square thing on his garage floor for alignment and says it handles better now than before the lift. It did cost him a bunch though. Had to buy his wife a new car! At 5 foot nothing, she needed a ladder to get in it, and it HAD been her DD. They're both smiling now.
We'll try for lots of pics on the BB trip. Last time I was having so much fun most of the pictures were in my head instead of the camera, and I can't find a way to download them.

i'd like to take you up on that too but its on the realm of impossible for years :(

Wish we had more trails around here. The Big Bend thing is at least a 12 hour trip. The CJ gets to be a trailer queen up there and back. Around here it's just mud runs. Not my thing. I've been stuck by accident too many times to want to try and do it on purpose.
The boy did a good job on the Cherokee. No pics yet. He did the chalk line-square thing on his garage floor for alignment and says it handles better now than before the lift. It did cost him a bunch though. Had to buy his wife a new car! At 5 foot nothing, she needed a ladder to get in it, and it HAD been her DD. They're both smiling now.
We'll try for lots of pics on the BB trip. Last time I was having so much fun most of the pictures were in my head instead of the camera, and I can't find a way to download them.

Well thats great then because this is the Wifes DD!:D and shes 5'7 so 3 inches and 31 inch tires isnt to much! but right now there is a issue im gonna save for another thread. and thanks for the chalk line idea!

Sam Houston National Forest - Multiple-Use Trail
have you checked this out?? It is close to you , I think, and the only national forest ORV trail in Texas.

Wish we had more trails around here. The Big Bend thing is at least a 12 hour trip.
I do work on the access front
I write 'I lecture
I scream aloud on my forum
Just Good Trails
my biggest thing I preach is Join the Blue Ribbon Coalition
we are at war to keep public lands open for motorized access
This is my biggest cause, and my gift to everyone, me being active.
And if you want to know how much I care, just look at how little people around you will react if you talk to them about the subject, but just listen to them complain outloud and come to you ONCE their favorite trail is closed.
I WAS AT THE MEETING WHEN WE TRIED TO CONVINCE THEM TO KEEP THIS OR THAT TRAIL OPEN. I do not remember seeing them. However, I will
be at the next so that I can try to prevent hearing another person say.
Wish we had more trails around here.

The Multi Use trail in Sam Houston NF is restricted to vehicles less than 50" wide, i.e. ATV, bikes. There are a lot of old logging roads, but almost all closed with locked gates. Quite a few get opened during deer season, but that's pretty much restricted to those with hunting permits. Wouldn't want to go there then - some idiot might mistake the CJ for a deer and I don't want to paint it bright orange.
Problem seems to be, that although it's a big state, there isn't a lot of public land. And most of what is out there is controlled by the Forest Service, Parks & Wildlife or is a wildlife refuge. Personally, I think they're losing a potential revenue stream - I wouldn't mind paying a "day use fee" for a lot of the places. But there are a whole lot more hunters than jeepers, and we don't have much lobbying power.

Blue Ribbon Coalition repersents anyone who wants access
jeepers
hunter
bikers
hikers
snowmobiles
fishermen
the list goes on, joining them and then telling anyone who wants to use public land to join, Numbers, they understand that we need everyone wo needs access to get teh numbers needed to win. I figured that out a while back. If we all go up as different organizations are numbers are small, but the more that join BR it more we get everyone to be a huge number.

I am in favor of the BRC and have every intention of supporting it but I must ask, are they involved with any projects or areas in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and/or Arkansas?
It looks like their area of concern is in the “western states”.

Call them, they will answer your questions

No real trips planned. Just hope to be the one picked for Road repairs to our equipment out on the Rubicon. We have a crew that will camp out there for a week or two during repair season. It is an unmaintained county road. Wait, those last sentences contradict each other.:confused:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom