Offset T-case & Rear Centered Axle

Offset T-case & Rear Centered Axle

fredr1980

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'79 CJ-7 & '97 ZJ
I've searched but really haven't found a difinative answer, but was wondering if was possible to run a centered rear diff with the BW 1339 t-case and not have vibes so crazy that it's impossible to drive around town or go on short wheeling trips (say 50-60 miles away) without having to tow the jeep? From what I have found, mostly on pirate, was that people that did do something like this with say an offset Dana 18 t-case and a centered rear diff ran their rig only offroad with no on-road use. I'm really wanting to keep the BW 1339 because both it and the GM Turbo 400 have been recently rebuilt within the last 2 years and the BW1339 was upgraded with the Milemarker kit, thus giving the ability to use 2wd. The rig is set up with Dana 44 's right now but I was wanting to go up to 37's or even 39's without having to worry about breaking anything. I've found a D60 & shaved 14B combo for a hard to pass screaming deal I don't want to blow the any savings I would have gotten from the axles by having to swap out the tranny & t-case for different units. Anyone have experiance with this, any help would be great.

Thanks,
Fred R.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks