Old iron

Old iron

Cheepjeep85

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7, 258, t-176, D300, AMC20, D30
Made a delivery to the tn valley rail road museum again today. They had one of the old 1904 steam locomotives out getting it ready to take a little trip. Yesterday they let me climb up in the cab and check it out, I forgot to take pics of that but here is a video of it fired up and getting loaded with coal, plus a couple pics. I informed those guys they had the coolest job I could think of. That train is freakin massive up close. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69AqPRrDkOw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Droooiiddd 2

very cool experience.!
I love old trains.
Up until I was 7, we lived in a small town in NY, called Port Jervis. It sat on the Delaware river, and once a year, there was a huge steam locomotive that would come to town for some kind of celebration. I can see it in my mind as if it were yesterday..

They are cool. That is a great experience.

A few years back, my father in law had the Grand Canyon railway steam trains as one of his accounts. Yep, those things are huge up close. Looking at all the metal and weight you would think they could not move. No comfort inside, all business and metal. They only run them certain times of the year here as steam engines run better in certain weather, or something like that (probably don't run so good when it's hotter outside than steam gets, haha). It was tough to listen to him as it was so cool. :)

yep they completely rebuilt that one right there in that shop. they got one that is from 1911 they are building now. they also restore old train cars. the tvrm runs a regular route from chattanooga, down here to chickamauga, and on into summerville ga. this fall they are going to take the steam locomotive up to knoxville, ill be on that train.

That is waaay cool. :notworthy:

I can appreciate that growing up here in coal country. Alot of old railroads ran thru here. Way cool! :cool:

No I havent. And with the last 2 movies I rented (Girl with the dragon tattoo and Contagin ) I wish I had. :) I'll have to check it out.

Alot of them in my immediate area were just run down and in disrepair from lack of use. In fact we have a walking/biking trail that was made by following the route of an old line that ran through here. Theres been alot of talk about revitalizing area railroads but so far its been just that, talk. There are still quite a few that are up and running here though. We get rail car deliveries daily at work.

explore6.jpg

explore5.jpg

explore12.jpg

explore1.jpg

Yep have you seen unstoppable? any of that happen near you.

Droooiiddd 2

Yep have you seen unstoppable? any of that happen near you.

Droooiiddd 2

Unstoppable was really only filmed 20 miles away from me here in Avella PA. it was just across the Ohio River where they filmed the rail yard segment!

Unstoppable was really only filmed 20 miles away from me here in Avella PA. it was just across the Ohio River where they filmed the rail yard segment!

Ah that's cool.

Wow a tree growing through the middle of the tracks it has been a while. I heard girl with the dragon tattoo sucked. You'll like unstoppable it was a good movie.

Droooiiddd 2

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom