Oops - New one piece axles on the way. Glad for 4 high...

Oops - New one piece axles on the way. Glad for 4 high...

CJ

Admin
Media
Resources
Solutions
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
Well - the Scrambler is getting new axles.

On my way to work this morning the Scrambler started to stall out (didn't give it any time to warm up) so I slipped the clutch and barked the tires to restart.

Ouch! The hub slipped and I coasted off to the side of the road.

Got out, locked the hubs, shifted to 4 high and finished my drive (gotta love 4 wd). New Superiors are on the way!

That sucks at least you made it to work. Glad to hear you have to work on the 8 :D

Yep, having four wheel drive came in handy for me several month ago, when my rear drive line blew a u-joint late on a Sunday night ,while on the way home from trying out a new trail.

Got to work at 5:30 this morning, worked until 12:30, came home and changed out the axles. All done @ 3:30.
Even changed the oil pump too! I was having a low oil pressure problem after about an hour of driving. If this doesn't fix the oil pressure problem, looks like I'll be putting in some fresh cam bearings. :(

wow that was quick
wanna come over and help me rebuild my Axles?

Got lucky - hubs came right off and brakes bled first time (power bleader). Having the press set up with the right bearing supports and press tube helps also... ;) Ihad put new bearings on my 5's Dana 44 so I had all the correct tooling. :)

Now that I jinxed myself, I'm sure the simple radio install that is next will take DAYS! :laugh:

Oh yea, I had 6 strips of bacon for lunch too! Mmmm, bacon! Is there nothing it can't do? :D

Got to work at 5:30 this morning, worked until 12:30, came home and changed out the axles. All done @ 3:30.
Even changed the oil pump too!

Oh yea, I had 6 strips of bacon for lunch too! Mmmm, bacon! Is there nothing it can't do? :D

I need to try bacon instead of beer, may then I will get done in less than 8 hours on a project :)

yum yum bacon
pork, what god ordered for breakfast lunch and dinner:drool:

I never new that bacon was what you need to get things done quick. Thanks CJ for the tip. I'm glad you got it home ok and it's up and running agian. :)

Oh yea, Pete, want the locking lug nuts back? I just smacked the heck out of the studs with a sledge and broke them off... I know the key was in the glove box but it was easier just to whak em! Lol

Just giving you a hard time! :)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom