painless pre terminated harness

painless pre terminated harness

Germy

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 jeep cj7 360 20 rear and 30 front w/warn lockers 5 speed tranny,

1971 dodge dart built 318
just got my 85 CJ7 . I bought the painless kit, the dash was easy as was the tail. The engine, specifically the starter solenoid and alternator is giving me headache. does anyone have this kit and know what i am talking about? i am going to post on painless site, just checkin here too.

Last edited:
I have a Painless kit in my 76 CJ5 . It's been about 12 years but from what I remember about the install was I just followed the directions exactly. As I was hooking up the alt and solenoid I remember thinking it was strange how many wires were going to them but the directions were very clear plus the harness is labeled at every wire. What about it is giving you problems exactly?

By the way the Painless kit is probably the best upgrade you could do. IMO

I am having trouble with four hot leads that are bundled, not individually labeled. My last jeep had wiring problems and just don't want to deal with it again! Painless is emailing me updated directions. Hope I get it going by the weekend!

Finally got the painless kit buttoned up!!!!!! She has working gauges, lights, radio! I am so happy!!!

You still have the updated instruction painless emailed you? I would be interested in looking at them.

You still have the updated instruction painless emailed you? I would be interested in looking at them.

I can post the link to the PDF. Great kit, had some rookie mistakes, but got it done minus the tail lights:mad:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom