Pilot Bushing revisit

Pilot Bushing revisit

tvince

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ7
I am all ready to install rebuilt T-176 Dana 300 clutch pp and have new [ilot bushing but I cant shake the sizing issue the pilot shaft measures .590 and I got my first pilot bushing from novak and the ID is .600 I called them and they said this is correct I must have a oddball shaft. (suggesting maybe .6 is too big?) "I do not" after looking .59 IS the size I should have for a pilot shaft T-176 .
So I ordered another PB from 4wd hardware no size given in description but it was for my application AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l T-176 confirmed when ordered.
I get this one and it again measures .600 id?
I see on advanced adapters site they list a pb with a .590 id? but..... surley it cant be .590 id as that would be too close and heat up. I havent called em yet as I am sure they are closed today and I'm ready to light this candle!
the T-150 I pulled that has at least AMC 150 ,000 miles on it has .008 clearance and I will be starting with .010 I have looked for better than 2 weeks and cant find but only one mention of tolerance and it was " it should fit with a little play"
any thoughts or opinions would be great. But I'm inclined to stab the tranny tomorrow.

I am inclined to encourage you to stab it!! Be sure to put a dab of wheel bearing grease in the bushing.

I am all ready to install rebuilt T-176 Dana 300 clutch pp and have new [ilot bushing but I cant shake the sizing issue the pilot shaft measures .590 and I got my first pilot bushing from novak and the ID is .600 I called them and they said this is correct I must have a oddball shaft. (suggesting maybe .6 is too big?) "I do not" after looking .59 IS the size I should have for a pilot shaft T-176 .
So I ordered another PB from 4wd hardware no size given in description but it was for my application AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l T-176 confirmed when ordered.
I get this one and it again measures .600 id?
I see on advanced adapters site they list a pb with a .590 id? but..... surley it cant be .590 id as that would be too close and heat up. I havent called em yet as I am sure they are closed today and I'm ready to light this candle!
the T-150 I pulled that has at least AMC 150 ,000 miles on it has .008 clearance and I will be starting with .010 I have looked for better than 2 weeks and cant find but only one mention of tolerance and it was " it should fit with a little play"
any thoughts or opinions would be great. But I'm inclined to stab the tranny tomorrow.

I am inclined to encourage you to stab it!! Be sure to put a dab of wheel bearing grease in the bushing.

X2 on that. It's only bronze.
If it's to tight , it won't be for long.:rolleyes:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom