Plastic Valve Cover Replacement.

Plastic Valve Cover Replacement.

Petescj

Lifetime Supporter
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ-7 258 / T-18 / Dana 300 31 in All Terrains.
1978 CJ-7 304 / TH 400 / Quadratrac 32 in Mud Terrains
Tried a search in the drivetrain sub forum an didnt come up with much. I believe my Scrambler has the plastic one with the rocker bridge. Alot of replacements out there say the wont work with that set up.

Please tell me Im not stuck with a plastic replacement. :(

Pete, You won't be with your new 4.0 head! That in itself is another major plus with the 4.0 head that I don't see anyone mention, the system is the real deal compaired to that lame AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l leaker.

Pete, You won't be with your new 4.0 head! That in itself is another major plus with the 4.0 head that I don't see anyone mention, the system is the real deal compaired to that lame AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l leaker.

Gotcha on that. The 4.0 head isnt for this AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l though. It can get a little confusing when you have 3 of them. :D

you can do away with the rocker bridges, i did, and put an aluminum valve cover on it.

Ok but what the :censored: were they there for in the first place? :confused:

Hey Pete, I have this one if it will work for you. Pm if you want more info...

1ca90e4d.jpg

they were there to help hold the plastic valve cover down, think about the later model chevy centerbolt valve covers, similar. you know now that i think about it i might have left em in there, but knocked the studs out of em, i can't remember now pete, but i know they was there and not any more, :dung: that's been over two years ago since i built the motor and put the valve cover on.

You should be able to buy an aluminum cover for the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l only problem is they used 3 differant heads on the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l and you may have to drill and tap 2 holes on the driver side of the head. And take out the kinesurtes on the pass. side to get it to work this is what I had to do but with the aluminum cover I haven't had to valve cover leak since.:chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom