Please help!!!! Distributor and ignition control module

Please help!!!! Distributor and ignition control module

khass0410

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
75 Jeep CJ5, 4.2L Straight 6, Dana 44 & 30? T30 TC? 3 Speed,
I have a 1975 CJ5 w/ AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l motor, I have a 2 wire Delco Alternator I just went out and bought a new Coil, Solenoid, Distributor, & Ignition Control Module. I don't know how to wire the Distributor or the Ignition Control Module. Do I even need the Ignition Control Module????

On the ICM it has 4 wires that are in a pig tail Blue, Yellow, White, & Green I have no clue where these go?

On the distributor I have 2 wires from it to a little plug thingy. Anyways any help would be GREAT because this is all I have left to do being that I started on the harness 2 weeks ago and am just now getting to finish it up.

Thanks you guys :chug:

Can you take those parts back and get a HEI? Around a $100 or so. Faster starts etc.

The CDI was on 75s and a common upgrade years ago. I did it then.

If you bought a new distributor, does it have points? I'm pretty sure your 74 came with a points distributor. Points do not require the ignition module.

Absolutely the way to go it'll make you smile

Can you take those parts back and get a HEI? Around a $100 or so. Faster starts etc.

The CDI was on 75s and a common upgrade years ago. I did it then.

If you bought a new distributor, does it have points? I'm pretty sure your 74 came with a points distributor. Points do not require the ignition module.

I can do that but if I go hei do I need the ignition control module?

Is that one an alright one to get I'm going to try and
do all this today. Thanks again

Here is the one I went with. Got the wires from them too. They have a lot of good comments for support and service.

Heck they are probally are all made at the same plant anyway. :D

Jeep HEI's

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom