Proform HEI distributor

Proform HEI distributor

xena1

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ with 360
Put on the power steering pump and got interference with the HEI distributor. Are there any other brands which have a smaller cap so not to interfere with pump?

I bought one from a place on ebay in the parts section type amc distributor in the ebay search look for one that is priced around 58.00 click on it check the specs and see if the seller is whites performance it is an hei for AMC 304 -401 i bought one for my old 360 had no real issues other than the vacuum advance interfered a little to but i was able to leave the rotor button in the same spot turn the cap out away from the pump and move the wires forward one lead each.

Just received the Summit version of the HEI distributor (850048)and the shaft is a bit shorter making enough room to clear the P/S pump tank. Looks like this one will be OK. The attached coil extension is also at 180 degrees from the v/a canister, unlike Proform, so there is also enough room to advance/retard distributor to get correct timing. Why do these manufactures make stuff that doesn't fit the application?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom