Build Thread project Road kill 77 cj5 renegade levi

Build Thread project Road kill 77 cj5 renegade levi

brian613

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
77 CJ5 amc 304 Np 434 tranny twin sticked dana 20 transfer scout II dana 44's locked front and rear with 4.88 gears
so i have been trolling on here for a while but have a build thread over on Military Jeepers but i thought i would post over here also. now keep in mind that this has been going on for a while so i will be uploading pic's from the beginning through now.

more rust. found a better tub that was already sandblasted and primed so all i had was to replace the rear floor on it and it was ready to be spray lined. once it was dropped off i started removing the T-150 Transmission

took the transfer apart and removed the shift fork interlock pills so i can twin stick it. then bought a NP435 to Dana 20 adapter kit from novac adapters and rebuilt it

and another shot of the tub on the frame before i removed the rear AMC20 to install a Dana 44 out of a 79 scout with 4.88 gears and a Detroit locker and thats where im at as of now. thats just a quick and dirty but if you would like to see the entire build up to this point in detail then please go to my build thread on the MJ forum as theirs 6 pages and im not copying them all..lol
you all might notice that in some of the earlier pic's i was working on it outside well a buddy of mine who is also building a CJ5 let me roll it in his mancave so i can wrench with real tools instead of simple hand tools so its no longer a weather permitting project

the jeep will have when im done. scout dana 44s locked front and rear 4.88 gears 35 12.50's NP435 ford tranny with 6.68:1 1st gear

I will be watching this. I have a 75 v8 as well and many times I have problems finding parts. All the good stuff starts at 76. Good luck.

Sweet :chug: I love the AMC 304 /435 combo. I have a Dodge NV435 in my D250 and its a helluva tranny :D

no new pic's got allot of the small stuff done like installing the heater a dual battery tray speedo cable accelerator cable and various other small parts that nickle and dime you to death on a rebuild. I finished up the rear axle install and did a disk break upgrade on the rear axle as well.. i did start it up for the first time in about 8 months though wasnt for very long since i dont have the gas tank installed but it was good to hear it fire up with little effort. i am hoping to have the front scout 44 re-geared some time in may so i can get it in because thats the last major thing i have to do besides install what i already have so its slowing me down not having it done. the pic below is the color i am gonna paint it when im done. its a candy orange http://www.duplicolor.com/products/psCandyCoat/

man i just realized its been forever since i posted on here.. got a lot done. scout axles installed front and rear springs out-boarded got it painted

attachment.php

attachment.php

made some rocker guards and got them bolted up to mark off the angles of the wheel openings

attachment.php

made custom steering setup and got it installed

attachment.php

and drove it for the first time in a year and a half Wednesday the 2nd of november :drool: cant get the video to upload so here is the link to it on my buddies photobucket.

Itmoves1.mp4 video by schrecengost - Photobucket

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom