Quick Distributor Question

Quick Distributor Question

JimyB

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
94 YJ bare bones stock.
Newest Addition 86 CJ7
I'm in the middle of an HEI upgrade and am just trying to align the Rotor. Is it o.k. to turn that slotted shaft at the bottom of the distributor hole. If I don't then the rotor will not line up with the mark I made with the original rotor and distributor. I've turned the crank before pulling the old one to set the timing marks at Zero. What am I missing?

that drives the oil pump. yes put it wherever it needs to be to line up the distributor.
use a long flat blade screw driver.

I'm in the middle of an HEI upgrade and am just trying to align the Rotor. Is it o.k. to turn that slotted shaft at the bottom of the distributor hole. If I don't then the rotor will not line up with the mark I made with the original rotor and distributor. I've turned the crank before pulling the old one to set the timing marks at Zero. What am I missing?

The cam gear is what will control how the rotor ends up once fully seated. The location of the oil pump slot will be different then the dizzy tip's orientation at insertion, but as it slides down in and engages the cam gear it will spin some and then engage the oil pumps slot.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom