Build Thread Qwik Z of OP 82 CJ-7 Restoration

Build Thread Qwik Z of OP 82 CJ-7 Restoration

qwik z of op

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7 Renegade - 258, 4spd.,

1999 Z28 Camaro
This is my first post on here and I figured I would put a thread together documenting by restoration. I am not doing a frame up restoration, I am doing something to get this heep on the road! This will be my daily driver!

This is what I started with:
DSC07127.png
DSC07126.png
DSC07122.png

First thing I did was replace the carb and add an HEI distributor.
DSC07202.png
DSC07196.png

Cleaned up the battery tray:
DSC07137.png
DSC07139.png
DSC07140.png

Used this to paint the dash pad and seats:
DSC07130.png
DSC07129.png

Stripped the interior:
DSC07251.png
DSC07250.png

Some rust under the roll bar, not too bad:
DSC07252.png
DSC07255.png

Took out the dash panel, removed the steering wheel. (Very easy to do and did not want to ruin a good dash panel by cutting it)
DSC07281.png
DSC07282.png
DSC07289.png

Finally figured out how to get the knobs off for the wipers and fan!
DSC07290.png
DSC07291.png

There are more pictures that you can see at the link below:
Jeep Restoration pictures by batmn77 - Photobucket

Hope you enjoy following my restoration project! :chug:

Salvaging the knobs, cleaned them up with a boat stain/mildew cleaner:
DSC07293.png
DSC07292.png
DSC07294.png

Painting the needles on the speedometer... still need to do the other gauges.
DSC07300.png
DSC07297.png
DSC07299.png
DSC07296.png

This looks like good progress. Thanks for the documenting photos. The before and after shots of the knob proves you have more attention to detail and patience than I do! - Glen

Looks like a solid foundation. I never had any luck with my Weber but alot of others do. H.e.i. is another great mod. Whats the direction your going? Nice Cj.

Nice jeep, you can tell it's not a northern heep. If it was from up here the only place without rust would be under the roolbar. You made a real smart move with the HEI unit. It eliminates a lot of problems. As Glen mentioned, your attention to detail is something.
Keep us posted.
Dave

thanks for all the compliments guys! as far as the dash goes I am going to clean it all up and then put spray in bed liner on it. I am in the process now of prepping the entire inside for the raptor spray in.

overall plans are to fix all rust/rot spots and paint the jeep a metallic blue. replace anything chrome with black and also have the rims powdercoated black.

i will be selling all chrome pieces (bumper, side steps, mirrors, etc.) so if you are interested let me know!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom