Radiator replacement

Radiator replacement

flatlandkayak

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'86 CJ7 258 4.2L Fuel Injected
I have an after market double core copper radiator in my CJ now. It keeps the temp within tolerance, but just barely. I don't feel too confident taking it on a long trip. I'm running a rebuilt AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l . The only 3 cores I can find seem to only fit the V8.

Has anyone had any experience with the Becool radiators? Did it cool better than an original replacement?

THanks in advance for any feedback.

I have an after market double core copper radiator in my CJ now. It keeps the temp within tolerance, but just barely. I don't feel too confident taking it on a long trip. I'm running a rebuilt AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l . The only 3 cores I can find seem to only fit the V8.

Has anyone had any experience with the Becool radiators? Did it cool better than an original replacement?

I looked at a 88'YJ AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l -I6 & CJ-V8.
They both have the upper on the Passenger side & the lower on the Drivers side.

I looked at a 88'YJ AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l -I6 & CJ-V8.
They both have the upper on the Passenger side & the lower on the Drivers side.

IOW if your 6 has the same connections the V8 rad will bolt in.;)

I don't know anyone with a Becool rad. but you can buy other alum. rad. for a LOT cheaper than their's.
I believe Longhorn is right though, a v8 rad should fit. But check it out first.

I run a aluminum V8 Radiator in my rig with a overbore 401V8.
I bought mine from "Absolute Radiator"800-536-4242.
I paid $338.00.
The part#:NR5053AA High Performance, All-Aluminum Rad for 73-86 Jeep CJ AT/MT

I bought an aluminum crossflow two row radiator from 4 wheel drive hardware, their store brand. Running it with a 401 v-8. Works ok with stock water pump and thermostat.

Does your temp fluctuate or continue to rise?
If it always sits higher than you like (after warming up) but just stays there then it could be the thermostat temp or maybe the temp gauge.

:wtf: I am wondering why you would need a V8 radiator with a 6cyl, Do you have a good thermostat, good temp gauge, adaqute fan, shroud, timing properly adjusted, carb tuned, good water pump? :chug: Something does not add up to me, just my 2cents good luck..dont forget the Ford Taurus electric fan swap :chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom