SCswampfox

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ7
AMC V8 5.0L 304
3-speed Automatic TH400 Hydramatic
Quadra-Trac Transfer Case
Just replaced my broken radiator and i went to reattach the lines to the Transmission but the metal piece that connects the rubber hose to the radiator does not fit on the new radiator. Autozone didnt carry it, trying to find out what its called and where i can find and new one.

I have a universal tranny cooler for sale if you want it.

If you have a 5/8” connector but the radiator is only ½” (I picked theses sizes out of the air, don’t know what you really need) then maybe a reduction (or expansion) fitting will work. NAPA tends to carry these types of things or even Home Depoe will have them in the plumbing area. Put the new fitting into the radiator and screw the hose fitting into that.

I replaced mine a few months ago. I took my radiator to autozone along with my stock lines. I replaced the stock lines with some fuel hose and connected them to radiator with brass fittings. You have to cut the flanged end off the hard lines and slide the fuel line over them and clamp it down. I was told these lines didn't have to be high pressure. I guess they don't because mine worked just fine. I guess this didn't help much with what size you needed, but the clerks at my autozone said the plumbing hardware was suppose to come with the radiator, and since I didn't get it they really went out of their way to help me.

I replaced mine a few months ago. I took my radiator to autozone along with my stock lines. I replaced the stock lines with some fuel hose and connected them to radiator with brass fittings. You have to cut the flanged end off the hard lines and slide the fuel line over them and clamp it down. I was told these lines didn't have to be high pressure. I guess they don't because mine worked just fine. I guess this didn't help much with what size you needed, but the clerks at my autozone said the plumbing hardware was suppose to come with the radiator, and since I didn't get it they really went out of their way to help me.

Modern fuel injection systems obviously are pressurized but to what extent I don’t know. It has always been my understanding that the Transmission cooler lines are highly pressurized so when I need to replace Transmission lines I always use power steering hose and have never had a problem with it.

They sell ruber hose ment for transmissions, it even has tranmission hose wrote on it, and it is high pressure hose.

My tranny rubber hoses at the radiator needs replacing . When one is removed I reckon the fluid is going to run out but how bad ? Is it pressurized with engine off ? Anyone know what size the hose is? Thanks for all ya'lls help.

No it's not pressueized and be sure to get tranny hose fuel hose will not hold up tranny fluid will eat right thru it. I don't know what size you have just take a peice with you and have them match it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom