removing back seat 76 cj

removing back seat 76 cj

freudianslip

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 Jeep CJ-5
Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to remove the back seat from my 76 CJ5 and I am not entirely sure how to. Anybody have advice?

Thanks!

5 bolts. the two in front are 9/16, the 3 in back are 5/8. at least if it's anything like my 82 CJ7

5 bolts. the two in front are 9/16, the 3 in back are 5/8. at least if it's anything like my 82 CJ7

i am not even sure how to get to my back bolts is part of the problem. the CJ5 doesn't have a back gate that opens and there is probably about 2" of clearance between the back of the jeep and the back of the seat.

i am not even sure how to get to my back bolts is part of the problem. the CJ5 doesn't have a back gate that opens and there is probably about 2" of clearance between the back of the jeep and the back of the seat.

It is a tight fit. I used long extension for my ratchet that brought it above the tailgate. You can connect a few together if you dont have one long enough.

Just about the first thing I did to my '79 CJ5 when I got it home was to remove the back seat.

That darnkid is right about the 3 bolts in back and 2 in front. They are all torx.
PetesCJ is right the best way to get to them is with long extensions. The tailgate on my CJ5 won't open either. I used long extensions but I had a hard time seeing what I was doing. You may need someone to hold a flashlight for you so you can get the long extention to reach the torx.
BTW did you ever play the game Operation as a kid?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom