removing back seat 76 cj

removing back seat 76 cj

freudianslip

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 Jeep CJ-5
Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to remove the back seat from my 76 CJ5 and I am not entirely sure how to. Anybody have advice?

Thanks!

5 bolts. the two in front are 9/16, the 3 in back are 5/8. at least if it's anything like my 82 CJ7

5 bolts. the two in front are 9/16, the 3 in back are 5/8. at least if it's anything like my 82 CJ7

i am not even sure how to get to my back bolts is part of the problem. the CJ5 doesn't have a back gate that opens and there is probably about 2" of clearance between the back of the jeep and the back of the seat.

i am not even sure how to get to my back bolts is part of the problem. the CJ5 doesn't have a back gate that opens and there is probably about 2" of clearance between the back of the jeep and the back of the seat.

It is a tight fit. I used long extension for my ratchet that brought it above the tailgate. You can connect a few together if you dont have one long enough.

Just about the first thing I did to my '79 CJ5 when I got it home was to remove the back seat.

That darnkid is right about the 3 bolts in back and 2 in front. They are all torx.
PetesCJ is right the best way to get to them is with long extensions. The tailgate on my CJ5 won't open either. I used long extensions but I had a hard time seeing what I was doing. You may need someone to hold a flashlight for you so you can get the long extention to reach the torx.
BTW did you ever play the game Operation as a kid?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$210.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks