Replacing fuel lines

Replacing fuel lines

djmart

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 CJ7, 304 V8, TH 400 w/QT
I have a 1976 CJ7 , AMC 304 V8 (GM Turbo 400 w/QT). I dropped the tank today and with mich focus and effort removed the old fuel lines.

I bough steel replacements from inlinetube.com.

Can anyone offer any helpful advice (besides a beer or a prayer) for installing the new ones. The body/tub is on...had to repalce the olds as the PO have some metal/some rubber all the way up.

Thanks

If you have the tank out you should pull the pick-up and sender out to see if the tank needs any cleaning and if you pick-ups screen is still there, on 78's anyway they are a plastic sorta thing that does not last forever.

After checking the tank.get under there with the new line and a tubing bender, some straps/clamps and gopher it.:chug:

are the lines you bought sort of bent to shape or are they just the right length??
fuel line shouldn't be too bad, not like brake lines. I have never noticed how those were attached, perhaps you should check for mounting points and work from there.

They are pre-bent ones from inlinetube. Just curious to see if anyone had any experience running them in with the tub still on. For example, from the rear (gas tank has been removed) or manuver them in from the front.

Thanks,

D

After looking at mine the way I would replace them is to pull out the two body tub bolts on the right side center area and try to slide it in that way possibly, you may have to loosen all the mounts on that side to get the rubber and inner metal sleeve out though.

looks like you are out there on the bleeding edge, let us know how it goes for you.:cool:

They are pre-bent ones from inlinetube. Just curious to see if anyone had any experience running them in with the tub still on. For example, from the rear (gas tank has been removed) or manuver them in from the front.

Thanks,

D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom