Replacing speakers in dash

Replacing speakers in dash

OEM1984CJ7

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ7 258 w/T176
I am going to drop the dash panel to replace the wiper motor/core and while I have it off I am going to add some dash speakers. There are not any in it now and is impossible to install them with the factory a/c. Does anyone have a dash panel out that could get me some measurements across and up/down on the speaker studs? And also , how long are they?

thanks.

1984 CJ7

Bump....

Dont have much info for you here myself as i have niether dash speakers or ac :cool: but...

Have you thought of external speakers?

I have 2 6x9s in the back with a cheap kragen stereo and actually when turned up can hear it great even over my cherry bombs with no top st 65 :cool:

The speakers in the dash speakers are 5 1/4".

Car Selector

I did mine a couple years ago and went with marine speakers as I have to wash mine out all the time after trails, worked out pretty good. I think they were from JC Whitney.

If you still need the measurements I can get them for you today.. But the 5-1/4 sounds about right. When I get home fromthe park I'll get it for you.

Thanks for the replies. Been working a lot lately. Yes, if you could still get the measurements without any trouble I just want to doublecheck the 5 1/4 speakers and how long the studs are.

Here's the back speaker area of my dash.. I dont know the year it is but I think they are all built the same.

IMG_3025.jpg

They measured just under 4" oncenter wide and square.
IMG_2868.jpg

And little under 5.25 diagonally.
IMG_2617.jpg

Studs are just a smudge under 1" tall and are 10-24 thread pitch.

Sorry for the old school wood rule. I couldn't find my mic or steel tape measure. I started all my measurements at 1" to be more accurate.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks