rocker guard install

rocker guard install

Shazam

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ-5 Renegade with '74 304 V8 & Edelbrock manifold & carb, Heddman headers & sidepipes, T-150 3 speed, Dana 20, Dana 30, AMC 20
Hi guys. Stupid question...if I'm adding stock-like SS rocker guards to my CJ5 do I need anything behind it like the gaskets they sell at Quadratec to prevent rust, etc.? Many thanks.

Sorry to be posting only questions...but I don't know any answers yet! :chug:

Hi guys. Stupid question...if I'm adding stock-like SS rocker guards to my CJ5 do I need anything behind it like the gaskets they sell at Quadratec to prevent rust, etc.? Many thanks.

Sorry to be posting only questions...but I don't know any answers yet! :chug:

That's one of the many rust prone areas on a CJ, as to whether or not Quadratecs gaskets actually prevent any rust.
I cannot say, as that information is above my pay-grade.:rolleyes:

Most people use them to cover up body damage and rust, so no gasket needed.:laugh:
But if you don't want to damage to the paint underneith than you should use something so it doesn't scratch the paint.:D

Last edited:
you can buy a few things that will help, I have see all kinds of rubberized pad used. I personally go and get a ruberized shelf pad like you put in cabinets, some have adhesive backs so you can make sure it stays in place during installation.

I mounted my rocker guards up against the body. Then I used silicon seal along the top to keep water out. I didn't use any on the bottom so water could get out if it ever did manage to get in.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom