Old Time Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
07 ford f-150 xl, auto, daily driver
98 chevy suburban, (family car)(SOLD)
2005 Ford Expedition
80 cj-5, body and frame
Any body out there reuse there original speedometer, not just for expense, but for maybe looks.

Wanted to make it a little old school, but didn't know if it has been done, or can be, with out breaking the bank, and then maybe worth buying a new one.

thx in advance.

oh, by the way, its from an 83 CJ5

Any body out there reuse there original speedometer, not just for expense, but for maybe looks.

Wanted to make it a little old school, but didn't know if it has been done, or can be, with out breaking the bank, and then maybe worth buying a new one.

thx in advance.

oh, by the way, its from an 83 CJ5

Yes the CJ Speedo can cleaned uped and fixed..... The indiv parts the fuel gauge and temp gauge come out and can be changed.... the glass can be cleaned. I also recently found with NuFinish will clean the inked/painted faces and bring them back to life some. also will protect from further sun fade damage.

There are tricks getting the right gauge and sender for our CJs. Seems there are "quirkes" for the temp, fuel, oil, and even the electrical gagues... The speedos are the same for the late 70s and 80s for the CJs for the most part... one has a 90mph one has 85 mph scale... they use the same fuel/temp gauges. They are sold on ebay and craigls list. The same can not be said for the electrical and oil gauge, the 70s and 80s are different. The senders are also different.

John Strenk has some of the best info on CJ Gauge Trouble Shooting..

I have gone thru the process and got all my stuff working like it was when new.... It take some work but I have a nice CJ worth fixing... I have worked with John to update some of his info and write ups and found a few fixes/tricks for myself.....

So I guess you will have to say/tell us more what you want to do....

John Strenk hangs out on the jeepfourm

Cool, I just finished taking the dash apart last night with all the gauges, and hopefully that orginal still works, but if not, it doesn't seem all that much to get a new one, if need be.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom