Seam Sealer

Seam Sealer

C dubya

Active Jeeper
Bartlesville, OK
83 Jeep CJ-7 Renegade,
258 I-6,
T-4(Soon to be a T-19),
Dana 300,
1987 Grand Wagoneer,
360 V8, 2008 Chevy 2500HD Z71 Crewcab, 6.0 V8
I have been reading some of the older posts on floor pan replacement and have noticed several comments about using a "seam sealer" after welding. Can someone shed a little light on what exactly "seam sealer" is and what kind to get?

Putty like goo available at most napa type parts stores or wherever you can buy body supplies. It's used to seal places where body panels are joined as welding cant get everywhere. If you look in the trunk of a car you can see it where the wheel wells meet the floor.
Great, thanks Tinman!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support by making a donation.

Help support by making a donation.
This donation drive ends in
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks