Seat Swap ?????'s

vintagetrks

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ7 258 I6 T176 D300 dana 30 Frnt Amc 20 rear
4in Rough Country Lift
31in tires soon to be 33's
I recently took my CJ on a trail ride and was displeased at the lack of leg room (I'm pretty tall 6'2). So I was thinking of finding some seats from an XJ or TJ and putting them in my rig. What I'm wondering is will they be a bolt in swap or will I have to do some fab work to finagel them in? Has anyone here ever done a similar swap?:dunno:

Last edited:
I would say that without redesigning the stock seat pedestal these seats will still leave you too high and too far forward.

I have Chevrolet work van seats in my 77 that are identical to the originals. They are low back but so far they are the only way I have been able to find a comfortable seat.
:cool:

Corbeau makes a lower seat bracket but once you add one of there seats its a little lower. It is easy to modify them to sit lower with a little welding

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

It takes special brackets to use CJ seats in a TJ so no reason to think the reverse isn’t true but either way I don’t think there is much if any space to be gained as the determining factor for space is the rear wheel well cover behind the seat. I’d look into a tilt wheel. It won’t help with the leg room but could help some.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks