shift levers and 4WD

shift levers and 4WD
Red, pm me a phonr number and a good time to call, so we can figure this out

notice the lighter unit in the rear of this drive train
mohney2.jpg

that is an Overdrive unit, does your t case have one of these behind the Transfer Case ?
Don't know about the unit behind the Transfer Case . Couldn't see clearly. Will go back today and try to find a cleared viewpoint.

Baja - my NM phone # XXX-XXX-XXXX. Will be away from the house the rest of today and all day tomorrow. I'm an EMS and VFD member, and we have training all day tomorrow ref operating the fire apparatus - trucks, gear, etc. Have many odd pieces of equipment here in the rurals of west central New Mexico (Quemado, NM, specifically).

Many tanks for your interest and help. I've rebuild autos before, and this is a nice challenge. Belongs to my friend and neighbor, and I'm the designated guy to get it working again. Sure would be easier if we could lift the body off. Maybe I can convince him to let me do that.

Will be here Sunday for sure. Thanks

Edit: Personal information removed -->> CJ Please use PM's...

will call sunday

The pic you are showing under your rig is a single shift D-18. The twin stick has a dif shift cone in front. His other lever could be either Warn/Saturn O.D. or PTO. The PTO on the D-18 comes out the back (same place as OD) and the PTO for the Dana 20 comes out the bottom of Transfer Case . The slide rails on your Transfer Case could have one of them rusted up and not sliding. This will cause your problem.. HTH

The pic you are showing under your rig is a single shift D-18. The twin stick has a dif shift cone in front. His other lever could be either Warn/Saturn O.D. or PTO. The PTO on the D-18 comes out the back (same place as OD) and the PTO for the Dana 20 comes out the bottom of Transfer Case . The slide rails on your Transfer Case could have one of them rusted up and not sliding. This will cause your problem.. HTH
his problem was the PO had unhooked the t case and linkage was missing, we got it strayenrd out now. we had established the shifters earlier in this thread, just needed to verify

Last edited:
Just to update the thread
I called this morning and we discussed it, when they had drove the unit home it was screaming at 40 mph. and he looked under there and some linkae was not together, he hooked it up and some things were wrong.
we established the shifter to the tcase, and the fact its linkage wrong, seems after hook up he has only neutral and a really low gear, 4 low I would say, and a noise in the front end. the center shifter is for the warn as we thought early in the thread. Redhill will be calling Herm to see about parts and to get the Tcase rebuilt.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom