Six bolt hubs for the Dana 30

Six bolt hubs for the Dana 30

GatorBate

Senior Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
81 CJ5 Renegade, 304,TBI, PaceSetter Headers, T-177, D-300-4:1, AMC-20, D-30,(OX Lockers W/Electric Shifters),3.54, XRC8 winch. OME 2" lift
My cj has a Dana 30 with the one piece rotor and five bolt hub. :( I would like to put six bolt hubs with separate brake rotor on it. Would this conversion be as simple as getting a six bolt hub & rotor kit with a six bolt Warn hubs or will I have to change the axle, spindle, wheel bearings, etc.

My cj has a Dana 30 with the one piece rotor and five bolt hub. :( I would like to put six bolt hubs with separate brake rotor on it. Would this conversion be as simple as getting a six bolt hub & rotor kit with a six bolt Warn hubs or will I have to change the axle, spindle, wheel bearings, etc.

To clarify you wanting to end up with 6 lug wheels ??

If all your after is the 6 bolt lock out hubs then simply get a set of hubs of a late 70's CJ that had disc's the spindles bearings and rotors are interchangeable although the late 70's up to 81/82 has 11.75 disc rotors and late CJ had 10" rotors you can take the whole outer knuckle and end up with little bigger brakes while your at it

76-77 and some 78 has 1.125" wide rotors. Then after they 7/8".

Now to confuse you even more, I went with small Chevy spindles and Ford F150 rotors which have the internal hubs. The 6 bolt hubs kept coming loose. End of problem.

PM me if you want a set of 6 bolt setup.

Sorry about the confusion. I want to end up with six bolt lockout hubs. I understand you can get better lockout hubs in the six bolt than what is available in the five bolt pattern. A PO ran it with worn out brake pads and the rotors are in bad shape. Since I have to pull the hub off to replace the rotor anyway I though that if they were interchangeable I would go back with the six bolt hubs.

Last edited:
Yes just simply get hubs from a late 70's CJ. Even those with QuadraTrac that had drive flanges still had 6 bolt for the drive flange

Just did this to build a hybrid wagoneer Dana 44 used cj outer knuckle spindle hub rotor etc with scout axle shafts. Gives me 5 on 5.5 plus better castor than a scout. Next time though would not keep my bling wheels and go 6 lug wheels and run a wagoner rear also. Less messing around and better outcome. Oh well live and learn

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom