Snorkel Help!

Snorkel Help!

Mikedaskter

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
67 CJ5, 99 F-150.
Well yesterday i went off roading in the cj, and besides the electrical fire i did great except one thing. a lil water got into the carb and bogged me down in the hole i was in. Does anyone know of a company that makes CJ5 snorkels? all ive found is yj and up so i think there might be some modifying needed to one i would get.

Thanks.

UUmm, wait...
.besides the electrical fire
?

That sounds like a fun trip! :laugh:

Someone just recently posted something about a CJ snorkel...But what engine and carb do you have? that would make a difference.

OH! Welcome to the BEST CJ site on the 'Net!

EDIT: here is one guy's home made version. Maybe you can steal an idea or 2 to make your own.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f140/diy-snorkel-write-up-598872/

haha it was fun i did better off then the range rover who ended up frying his air suspension cpu.
it was just an accesory wire fire too if you were wondering.

Its a holly bl carb on the Dauntless Buick 225 V6 v-6
ill check out the link
thanks a million next time i plan on it being uneventful for my jeep haha

How do you manage to get water in the carb before you drown the distributer??:confused:

thats a good question my answer is i dont know! i think i have a special distributer that doesnt let it in. i bought the jeep last year and im tryin to get it straight. (the upgrades and restoration were half <-BAD WORD-> done.. the only other thing i could guess is it just splashed the right way up into my airfilter.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom