Super Swamper TSL Still Waiting?

Super Swamper TSL Still Waiting?

Dogger

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
76' CJ-5, 91-XJ
I'm looking to buy a new set of Super Swamper TSL 32x9.5's for my 76 CJ5 but they're not in production at this time. I know the factory has moved and some SS tires are being produced. Does anyone really know how much longer it will take or is this tire thing of the past?

I waited over a year to get SuperSwampers. What I wanted was LTB what I got was SX a little bigger than what I was planning on getting. One option is to look at the other tires they make and see it there is something else that will work.
I contacted Interco Tires to find out more information about when to expect the tires I wanted. I emaied Katie at kleckelt@intercotire.com. She was very helpful.

It looks like they are making the 31x10.5x15's. I know not what you want but close. 32's have always been a not very popular size, you might be waiting awhile.

FYI- straight from the horses mouth..

> HI NATE
> THANK YOU FOR YOUR INQUIRY. THE MOLDS HAVE BEEN RELOCATED TO THE NEW FACTORY AND PRODUCTION IS IN PROGRESS ON MANY SIZES. THE TIRE YOU ARE INQUIRING ABOUT IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME BUT SHOULD GO IN TO PRODUCTION IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS.
> PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CHECK WITH US ANYTIME FOR AN UPDATE. OR YOU CAN CONTACT ANY OF OUR LARGE DISTRIBUTORS FOUND ON OUR WEBSITE
> THANK YOU
> SHEILA

Sometime in the next few months?
Are you going to wait or get another tire such as SX or LTB?

I'm going to wait. My jeep is stock height and has 31x10.5's on it now. There is enough room to run chains in the winter with a little rub on the leafs when turning. It appears a 32' tire would fit nicely and a little narrower would keep a tight turning radius while enhancing traction in deep snow. If there is a clearance issue I'd simply trim the wheel well. I was also thinking about grooving my new TSL's.

What do you think?

I checked the other aggressive tires that Interco makes and I didn't see that size available yet. I saw some that were a little bigger (or smaller) but I did not see the narrow 32 inch.
How are your present tires? If they are in good shape you might want to wait.

Sometime in the next few months?
Are you going to wait or get another tire such as SX or LTB?
I'm thinking a bout the tsl which is waiting to be produced tsl bias or the radial or both? Tried the email address after putting in my favorites but said not addressed properly.

Tried the email address after putting in my favorites but said not addressed properly.
When I was looking for SuperSwampers I emailed Katie at kleckelt@intercotire.com. That email address is still on Interco's web site: Contact Us | Interco Tire but when Dogger used the same email address he got a response form Sheila. :confused:
FYI- straight from the horses mouth..

> HI NATE
> THANK YOU FOR YOUR INQUIRY. THE MOLDS HAVE BEEN RELOCATED TO THE NEW FACTORY AND PRODUCTION IS IN PROGRESS ON MANY SIZES. THE TIRE YOU ARE INQUIRING ABOUT IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME BUT SHOULD GO IN TO PRODUCTION IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS.
> PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CHECK WITH US ANYTIME FOR AN UPDATE. OR YOU CAN CONTACT ANY OF OUR LARGE DISTRIBUTORS FOUND ON OUR WEBSITE
> THANK YOU
> SHEILA
I guess Katie no longer works there and has been replaced by Sheila.

Last edited:
Yes I figured out how to use the address had to go into email and send it that way. No responce yet. Sorry for the confusion, a computer, internet, email newbie still tring to learn how to use this stuff yet.:eek:

as a TSL user I would tell you that off road they are good
On road not good
ive been running them for roughly 4000 miles
ready for wranglers of BFGs

The first decision you need to make is bias ply or radial tires.
Bias Ply is much better for off road. They flex and self clean. The sidewalls are made the same as the tread and can be just as tough. All the traits that make Bias Ply good off-road make them terrible on road. On road the bias ply is noisy and the flex makes them handle very poorly. If you do much street driving get radials.
The only bias ply tires that are still manufactured are for off road use. Not only for four wheelers but the tires for heavy construction equipment is still bias ply.
Bias ply tires are very noisy and not just because of aggressive tread. When bias ply tires sit they devlop flat spots. Then when you drive down the road you can actually feel the thump of the flat spot turn around until the tire warms up.
Also bias ply tires wear out much faster than radials.

I have SuperSwamper TSL SX bias ply tires and I love them. They are great off-road. The main purpose of my jeep is for off-roading but I also need it to go on the street to get me to the trails. My bias ply ties are terrible on the highway and streets.

Check out this link: Tips for choosing off road tires

The first decision you need to make is bias ply or radial tires.
Bias Ply is much better for off road. They flex and self clean. The sidewalls are made the same as the tread and can be just as tough. All the traits that make Bias Ply good off-road make them terrible on road. On road the bias ply is noisy and the flex makes them handle very poorly. If you do much street driving get radials.
The only bias ply tires that are still manufactured are for off road use. Not only for four wheelers but the tires for heavy construction equipment is still bias ply.
Bias ply tires are very noisy and not just because of aggressive tread. When bias ply tires sit they devlop flat spots. Then when you drive down the road you can actually feel the thump of the flat spot turn around until the tire warms up.
Also bias ply tires wear out much faster than radials.

I have SuperSwamper TSL SX bias ply tires and I love them. They are great off-road. The main purpose of my jeep is for off-roading but I also need it to go on the street to get me to the trails. My bias ply ties are terrible on the highway and streets.

Check out this link: Tips for choosing off road tires

I know I want a radial for better road manners and wear just tring to deside on ss, wrangler, or BFG. Something tells me that if people are waiting a year for a set of tires, either they are very good tires, or the company doesn't see that much of a demand for them and is not in a hurry to produce them. I've emailed the company today this morning, no reply yet, most likely monday. I'm not in a hurry for a set can wait a mounth or two but if people have waited a year or more then I think I can go with a differant brand. Something just doesn't sound right. Just my 2 cents not putting ss brand down.:)

if people are waiting a year for a set of tires, either they are very good tires, or the company doesn't see that much of a demand for them and is not in a hurry to produce them.
Interco has shut down a plant and it is taking them a long time to move manufacturing to another plant.
I think the poor economy has really hit Interco more than other tire companies. When people don't have money they won't be buying the 40 inch mudders for their toy. They will still need tires for their sedan they need to get to work (or for job interviews).

Whatever happened to the skinny extreme duty 34x9.50 TSL??

Interco has shut down a plant and it is taking them a long time to move manufacturing to another plant.
I think the poor economy has really hit Interco more than other tire companies. When people don't have money they won't be buying the 40 inch mudders for their toy. They will still need tires for their sedan they need to get to work (or for job interviews).
I'm not looking for 40" ers just 33/12.5/15. Yes your right the economy sucks, and I won't even go to politics:censored:. Maybe if they all got drunk together:chug: they could deside on a path to take that is good for the people that put them in office.:censored: Looks like I'll be looking at Wranglers or some other brand and just ask tire shops if they have any in stock. Still thanks for the info and input!:)

Well I guess after all the research and reading of reviews I'm going to try goodyear dura trac 33/12.5/15 rubber is very chip resistant, same rubber used for dumptuck use. Good aggressive tread design. I try and see.

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks