t case shifter

t case shifter

dalefan88

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Media
Resources
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 cj5 258, t150, dana 20 transfer case, dana 30 front, 20 rear,warn hubs,2.5" procomp lift,teamrush,msd box,mc2100 carb,hedman header,clifford intake,optima battery, ford shock towers.
has anyone ever make a longer shifter for the t case. i have a Dana 20 and it is a pain in the :censored: sometimes to bend over to reach the shifter. any ideas?

My twin sticks are 18" long. :D Damn those little bitty short <-BAD WORD-> sticks!

has anyone ever make a longer shifter for the t case. i have a Dana 20 and it is a pain in the :censored: sometimes to bend over to reach the shifter. any ideas?
Um... It's only got three official ranges... :) How often are you shifting? :laugh:

J/K - It does suck with the short shifter... :)

its just a pain. when you want to go from 4lo to 4hi or if it pops out of gear.

its just a pain. when you want to go from 4lo to 4hi or if it pops out of gear.
Pops out of gear? That should never happen... :( Time for a rebuild of the shifter detents or more.... :mad:

My twin sticks are 18" long. :D Damn those little bitty short <-BAD WORD-> sticks!

It would be nice if the sticks were longer. I have been thinking of making longer ones myself, just to lazy to do it.
And yes with the twin sticks I do shift in and out of front wheel low quite a bit on the trail.

It would be nice if the sticks were longer. I have been thinking of making longer ones myself, just to lazy to do it.
And yes with the twin sticks I do shift in and out of front wheel low quite a bit on the trail.

As do I. Like I said earlier, my 2-stick is 18" long, but they don't really stick up very far. Their just high enough so that they could be bent back and over enough to make my life a little easier by getting them pretty close at hand. That added length adds leverage as well, and slips in and out of gear like silk.

its only popped out twice on me. just want to make it easyer to shift. wheres that dam easy button lol.

As do I. Like I said earlier, my 2-stick is 18" long, but they don't really stick up very far. Their just high enough so that they could be bent back and over enough to make my life a little easier by getting them pretty close at hand. That added length adds leverage as well, and slips in and out of gear like silk.

Hey CW. Did you buy your sticks that long or did you make your own?

Sorry for the hijack dale, maybe you could just cut the stick and weld in a new piece, thats what I was thinking of doing. But than again I'm not all about how pretty it is.

no problem. if i knew how to weld i would lol. ive wanted to learn how to weld for years.

Twin sticks let you engage just the front wheels. You can use them to "dig" and turn the Jeep when it tight places. It will also give your friends "stick envy". :D

Twin sticks let you engage just the front wheels. You can use them to "dig" and turn the Jeep when it tight places. It will also give your friends "stick envy". :D

Got it, it's for "stick envy". Jk. I'm guessing this isn't a simple conversion that comes in a kit, right?

Also, is it normal for my current Dana 20 shifter to be leaning towards the passenger seat? Its almost impossible to reach.

sweet but alot of money.

185 aint to bad considering what you can do with the twin sticks but just for wanting a longer shifting rod its alot, i honestly dont even know if my 4wd works ha i would just go with the welding more length on and trying to clean it up a little bit.

Post #12 in this thread has a link for it. ;)
Got it, it's for "stick envy". Jk. I'm guessing this isn't a simple conversion that comes in a kit, right?

Also, is it normal for my current Dana 20 shifter to be leaning towards the passenger seat? Its almost impossible to reach.

~~~ What's the advantage of twin stick vs a longer individual stick?

This is the shift pattern you have with a twin stick conversion (as long as you don't alter your lockouts).

tx-20-shift.jpg

~~~ I'm guessing this isn't a simple conversion that comes in a kit, right? ~~~

Depends on you definition of simple. You have to drop the Transfer Case pan, loosen the shift rod set screws and swap out the shift rods.

Post #12 in this thread has a link for it. ;)

This is the kit Novak sells if you would like to buy direct - this page is very good at explaining what the kit is about.

Dana 20 Twin-Stick Kit

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom