t case shifter

t case shifter
this twin stick thing keeps lookin better and better everytime i read this post lol

You and me both dalefan :drool:

maybe i can con the wife into getting one at tax time :D

Hey CW. Did you buy your sticks that long or did you make your own?

Sorry for the hijack dale, maybe you could just cut the stick and weld in a new piece, thats what I was thinking of doing. But than again I'm not all about how pretty it is.

Bought them from a guy on ebay that will make them any length you want.

If you run a front locker, it's real tough to turn with out a set.;)

Twin stick is one of the best ways to go period. The ability too have low gearing while in 2wd is good, like if you do not want to get out and lock the front hubs in just for a boost of power. Ever been on a spot on the street you wanted deeper gears like pulling something out of the lake?
Besides that, as said if you have a Detroit or other auto locker you can not turn sharp till it is inactivated.
I know you will try to figure out why they all don't come like that.
Some cases need to have a pin pulled or something like that so you can use 2 low.

I'm not sure about the Dana 20 , but I know twin sticking the 300 makes it shift a lot easier.:)
I also run in low range, rear wheel drive on the trails when I can.
I just wish my sticks were a few inches longer.:driving:

If you run a front locker, it's real tough to turn with out a set.;)
Truer words have never been spoken... Just driving in hard clay with a locked front end is a pain in the ???!

ok guys your making me want one even more lol.

You know how we are, always happy to help a fellow jeeper spend some money.:laugh:

I even had a 2 low kit put in my NP231. not truly a twinstick, but really handy

could not tell you Dale, but then there are probably different shifters put on the Dana 20 over its years of production, I know on the D18 you have to know the year you have to get shifter parts, or buy an entire shifter assembly including some inner parts. Now the D18 and Dana 20 are closely relatedand such could be the case.
oh I see, it says with 3 speed, maybe how it mounts onto that tranny makes it hit something.

Whelp, JB makes nice sticks, but...they tend to run a bit short for my tasts. Also, being stainless steel, their had as hell, and extremely tough to bend. The thing is, no bought 2-stick will fit right out of the box, and will need a little "twieking" to make them go just where you want them to be. Bending stainless rod is not an easy task, and before It's over, you'll hate your life just a little.

oh I see, it says with 3 speed, maybe how it mounts onto that tranny makes it hit something.

Whelp, JB makes nice sticks, but...they tend to run a bit short for my tasts. Also, being stainless steel, their had as hell, and extremely tough to bend. The thing is, no bought 2-stick will fit right out of the box, and will need a little "twieking" to make them go just where you want them to be. Bending stainless rod is not an easy task, and before It's over, you'll hate your life just a little.

Baja is probably on to something there.:(

I have SS sticks and didn't find them any harder to bend, the're all a PITA. to make them fit just right.

If you can't weld and want to extend the stick length, buy a couple solid shaft couples from McMaster Carr, cut the shaft, add the length you want and dimple the set screws into the shaft material. Cheap, easy way to extend the shaft length without welding.

I have twin sticks I made myself on my 77 CJ5 (Dana 20 ) and my 84 CJ7 (Dana 300 ), I love them.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom