T150 Install Help

T150 Install Help

jeffco

Jeeper
Thanks
I am replacing my broken T-150 with a new to me, used one. I have gotten the old T-150 out, and have the new T-150 on a floor jack, and lined up with the bellhousing, but i am having no luck in getting the splines to line up and get it mated back together. Is there some trick that I am not seeing to get this done? My son and I have spent a few hours now messing with it, and getting nowhere. Thanks in advance for any advice. Much appreciated.

Put it in gear and when you have the shaft in place rotate the output shaft, this lines the splnes up. 4th is easiest to turn.:cool:

I am replacing my broken T-150 with a new to me, used one. I have gotten the old T-150 out, and have the new T-150 on a floor jack, and lined up with the bellhousing, but i am having no luck in getting the splines to line up and get it mated back together. Is there some trick that I am not seeing to get this done? My son and I have spent a few hours now messing with it, and getting nowhere. Thanks in advance for any advice. Much appreciated.

LOL, if the T-150 had 4th.

But yeah that's the best way, put it in gear and give it a spin to get it to line up.

LOL, if the T-150 had 4th.

But yeah that's the best way, put it in gear and give it a spin to get it to line up.
you got me on that one pal, I am reading T-150 and thinking T-176 .:eek:
The last tranny I did was in the truck. The experience lingers.:cool:

Should i have the Transmission on the skid plate already, or not? I have it mounted already, and figured that would be the best way to do it, although now i am wondering if that is what is hindering my success. Thanks for the help

I can honestly say I have never tried it that way. I think I would try it with out the cross member and hold the tranny up with a jack after you get it stabbed and bolted. then you can put the cross member back on and drop the tranny on it after it is bolted to the frame. I think it will have a lot more "wiggle" with out the skid plate.:cool:

Should i have the Transmission on the skid plate already, or not? I have it mounted already, and figured that would be the best way to do it, although now i am wondering if that is what is hindering my success. Thanks for the help

I can honestly say I have never tried it that way. I think I would try it with out the cross member and hold the tranny up with a jack after you get it stabbed and bolted. then you can put the cross member back on and drop the tranny on it after it is bolted to the frame. I think it will have a lot more "wiggle" with out the skid plate.:cool:

You are correct. When we were pushing the tranny into the bellhousing, the motor kept on wanting to push up with it. If you have the skid plate on, then you will probably not get the right angle you need. We just used the jack and a little *** and it finally went in. Then we bolted it up and then installed the skid plate. Hope this helps.

I am also one of those big wuss's that like to put the Tranny and TC up separately.:cool:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom