tachometer light quit? stock tach

tachometer light quit? stock tach

frhrwa

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Pacific (NorthEast) Washington and Las Vegas 1/2 y
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ-7 (just bought it, so I have to do some work and see what it has in it.. other than 4.2L Auto.. 4" lift, 33" tires... my '75 had a 304 2" Burbank supspension, warn winch, full cage, all the goodies, the '79 had a 401 turbo charged hi-po with t98 or 18, which ever one had the granny low first gear (never can remember which).. had all the items needed to 4wheel, none of the show and go poopie.. I don't believe "chrome will get you home"! I'm also not one to go out to see if I can tear up my jeep, I go where I must, usually with a group that I hung with.. Used to be part owner in Diablo Off Road Center in Concord California.. Jack Essex owned Diablo 4WD, George Clause was Mr. Base CAmp, and mine was "Sounds Etc" all under one big roof "the Diablo Off Road Center"..
my tach light up and quit? there is no plug in lamp, there is no way to open the tach, anybody have a clue how to change or check the bulb? or, when the lamp goes out, toss it and buy a decent tach?

on my 83 CJ7 the tac has access on the back side , (not alot of room ) the plastic cover will come off as there is a screw right in the center (remove it ) and this should allow you to pull the tac out to access and change the bulb and you should be able to unplug everything once loose if I remember correctly , , I used a small scocket with a phillips head insert to remove mine after I had put the dash back in as I did not want to pull the dash again , but its tight , someone can correct if I miss something but I think thats the way

on my 83 CJ7 the tac has access on the back side , (not alot of room ) the plastic cover will come off as there is a screw right in the center (remove it ) and this should allow you to pull the tac out to access and change the bulb and you should be able to unplug everything once loose if I remember correctly , , I used a small scocket with a phillips head insert to remove mine after I had put the dash back in as I did not want to pull the dash again , but its tight , someone can correct if I miss something but I think thats the way
mines different I guess, two screws to hold the mounting bracket, that's it.. unscrew them and the insides drop loose.. the black cover doesn't come off, its crimped onto the chrome faceplate on the front.. the bulb is just inaccessable.. chinese I guess?

if its a factory tach it should have a screw dead center in the back , maybe a picture would help us see what you got

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom