mylittlecj5

RIP Mike, we'll all miss you
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'74 CJ-5,
360 AMC Engine.
35x12.50x15 TSL Super Swamper tires.

In a frame off rebuild for a long time...
I'm flying out tomorrow for home (NJ to OK) :chug:
Wish me luck, there has been 2 planes fall out of the sky in the last month right around here. Here's hoping mines not the 3rd :eek:

What area of Jersey you been staying in? Going back there? Take the jeep and I'll meet you at rausch creek!:) You need to look at it like a slot machine. If it just payed out, it probably won't again for a while. When it's been a while, thats when you worry!

I'm up in the NE corner, town called Parsippany. We are working on the Arsenal a few miles down the road...ANd , yea I'll be back next Monday.

Unfortunately, the Boss won't let me haul the Jeep up here. Something about Gov't regulations about POV's and Gov't owned trucks...
But I'd love to get with ya and do some wheeling. I'm only off on Sundays, so if you can set something up, I'm willing. I'd probably have to find a ride there tho. unless its close to me.

Don't worry about flying... Heck, I manufacture them there little dodads that spin inside them there engines and it do'nt bother me none... Even though I actually see how them there dodads are made! :D

I've borescoped enough of those jet engines to worry (just a little)
But I made it home OK. Arrived at the Newark airport at 8:00 for an 11:00 flight, only to find it was delayed till 1:00 pm. SO we got lucky with an 8:40 flight to Dallas then Tulsa.
But it had a 3 1/2 hr delay in Dallas.Figured out it would be faster for the bus to pick us up in Dallas then wait and fly to Tulsa, then drive 2 hours home. So we made those arrangements. Then when we tried to get our luggage in Dallas, we were told it would take up to 4 hours to get our luggage back :(. Fortunately, my co-workers let me off easy and they waited for my bags while I drove home with my bride, who drove 2.5 hours each way just to meet me at the airport!

I've borescoped enough of those jet engines to worry (just a little)
But I made it home OK. Arrived at the Newark airport at 8:00 for an 11:00 flight, only to find it was delayed till 1:00 pm. SO we got lucky with an 8:40 flight to Dallas then Tulsa.
But it had a 3 1/2 hr delay in Dallas.Figured out it would be faster for the bus to pick us up in Dallas then wait and fly to Tulsa, then drive 2 hours home. So we made those arrangements. Then when we tried to get our luggage in Dallas, we were told it would take up to 4 hours to get our luggage back :(. Fortunately, my co-workers let me off easy and they waited for my bags while I drove home with my bride, who drove 2.5 hours each way just to meet me at the airport!
Sounds like my last flight home from vacation. Waiting on runway for a weather delay in phila., the plain lost oil pressure in one of the engines. Pilot siad not to worry, it was just a gauge problem. It wasn't. 3 hours after we were supposed to leave, the flight was cancelled. The wife and I got a flight 4 hours later, and that got delayed for weather. Most turbulent flight I have ever had in my life. Wife was a few rows back in tears while we circled phila. for 45 minutes. My relaxed mood from vacation was gone.:mad: Good to hear you did make it though.

Well here is number 3. Hate to see it happen, but glad it wasn't your flight.
turkishairlines.jpg

9 dead in plane crash

A Turkish plane with 135 people aboard slams into a field while trying to land in Amsterdam

:laugh: thats exactly what I said to my traveling companions this morning when I saw that on the news.

I feel better now.

I am glad they dont tend to happen in 4's...I have to fly to Phoenix next week. Seriously though, does it seem like there are a lot of airline mishaps over the last few years or is it just me? Maybe the media is just televising it more. I have flown a lot in the past for work and never thought twice about stepping on a plane. Now I think about it.:mad:

I wouldn't doubt if the economy has an effect on the airline companies maintenance schedules. I know they are supposed to be regulated, but big companies always find ways around such things.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom