tranny and Tcase ?

tranny and Tcase ?

ftwflh

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 CJ 5, 232 6cyl 3spd lots of rust,good frame,Dana 44s w/373 gears,ProComp 4in lift kit
Is it normal practice to not use a gasket(just silicone) between tranny and the Tcase on aT150 3spd and Dana 20?

My mechanic did the same thing and I was concerned it would leak but have had no problems pulled my tent trailer last summer drove to the tetons and no problems.

My mechanic did the same thing and I was concerned it would leak but have had no problems pulled my tent trailer last summer drove to the tetons and no problems.

Well mine was leaking bad so I pulled it and when it goes back it will have a gasket plus sealer

I've seen them with and without the gasket... some leak and some don't. To one their own really... I personally like things that have a good quality gasket.

It's a matter of personal preference.
If you are doing a rebuild then you get all the gaskets and you might as well use them. If all you are doing is separating the TCase from the tranny I would just use silicone but as I said that’s my preference.
Silicone works pretty good.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$210.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks