transmission problems

transmission problems

jdooles

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
70 CJ5 bone stock still. V-6 Dauntless, 3 speed manual, like i said, all stock...for now.
ok i got a 70 CJ5 with a Dauntless Buick 225 V6 in it paored to a borg-warner t14a tranny. my tansmission just took a :dung: on me and was wondering if theres any other transmissions out there that are relatively cheap and are direct bolt in replacement. any advice would be appreciated.

The T-14 used behind the Dauntless Buick 225 V6 is unique from the other transmissions Jeep used in front of the Spicer 18 and Dana 20 transfer cases as it has a 10 spline output shaft while most used a 6 spline shaft. The Dauntless Buick 225 V6 /T-14 combo also used a factory adaptor at the bell housing. You could swap in a T-18 Transmission as most likely the Spicer 18 Transfer Case (if stock) in your jeep is a “large hole” version which is virtually the same case the Dana 20 . This means your Spicer 18 Transfer Case will bolt to a T-18 Transmission that is set up for a Dana 20 . There will be a couple of things to work out- The bell housing/adaptor/input shaft lenght to mate to the T-18 , and the right output shaft bull gear to work with the Transfer Case . Neither of these should be tough issues to solve.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom