Admin
Media
Resources
Solutions
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
One of my best friends Father died a while ago...

The deceased was a bit of a horde... Look at what was in the garage!!!! :laugh:

It runs... :) No one knew... :)

attachment.php

So many people from that generation horde stuff. When you grew up in or lived through the depression you learn to keep anything and everything that could be of use.

My grandfather is the exact same way, he doesn't throw anything away that cold be of use later. Heck, his brother, my great uncle, has a pink '58 Fairlane 500 sedan sitting under a burlap tarp in a barn, probably been sitting there for 30 years. I've only got to see it once.

So many people from that generation horde stuff. When you grew up in or lived through the depression you learn to keep anything and everything that could be of use.

My grandfather is the exact same way, he doesn't throw anything away that cold be of use later. Heck, his brother, my great uncle, has a pink '58 Fairlane 500 sedan sitting under a burlap tarp in a barn, probably been sitting there for 30 years. I've only got to see it once.
Hell, I didn't live through it, but I was raised by grandparents who did.
You ought to see how much :dung: I can't part with.:laugh:

Me too. I'm like I might need this nut or that bolt or this scrap of wire or piece of metal, random bearing, LOL. I still have Dana 20 t-case pieces and have no Dana 20 .
That's why I archive info, I'm like that's cool better save it might need it later. Funny part is I never seem to.

Pretty cool car.

Me too. I'm like I might need this nut or that bolt or this scrap of wire or piece of metal, random bearing, LOL. I still have Dana 20 t-case pieces and have no Dana 20 .
That's why I archive info, I'm like that's cool better save it might need it later. Funny part is I never seem to.

Pretty cool car.

X10,000 0n that :dung:

It drove around the block - still has the original paint and interior... I'm in aw that is drove - yet stopped!

You just never know what your going to find in the garage or barn.:bounce:

Here's on for you. I was working at a chevy dealer hauling parts. One of the parts
guys was like hey after work wanna see something cool? I said sure. So after work
we drive out in the middle of nowhere to an older gentlemans house. We speak for a bit then my buddy asks if he can show me his car. The old guy says sure come take a look. We go inside and down into a basement type garage. Sitting there on jackstands is a 1957 Chevy, with something like 11 miles on it. The old man explains that he bought it for his son and that he had died in the military, so he put it on stands and has been here ever since. I asked if he was going to take it out and drive it he said no. It's just gonna stay here till I pass away. He then went on to explain how Chevy and various other people with money had tried to buy it. He even showed me a check that was ripped into 3 pieces from chevrolet it was signed and the amount block was blank, all he had to do was fill it in.
I'd heard stories similar to this int he past but actually having seen the car was mind blowing. This was probably 10 years ago so who knows where and if the old man and the car are still around.

Here's on for you. I was working at a chevy dealer hauling parts. One of the parts
guys was like hey after work wanna see something cool? I said sure. So after work
we drive out in the middle of nowhere to an older gentlemans house. We speak for a bit then my buddy asks if he can show me his car. The old guy says sure come take a look. We go inside and down into a basement type garage. Sitting there on jackstands is a 1957 Chevy, with something like 11 miles on it. The old man explains that he bought it for his son and that he had died in the military, so he put it on stands and has been here ever since. I asked if he was going to take it out and drive it he said no. It's just gonna stay here till I pass away. He then went on to explain how Chevy and various other people with money had tried to buy it. He even showed me a check that was ripped into 3 pieces from chevrolet it was signed and the amount block was blank, all he had to do was fill it in.
I'd heard stories similar to this int he past but actually having seen the car was mind blowing. This was probably 10 years ago so who knows where and if the old man and the car are still around.
I have a friend who is a landlord and he had inherited some land from his grandfather with 3 houses on it. Well back in the 90s the old man who lived in one of the units dies and they can trace no relatives, they start to clean the place up and open the garage, 2 brand new late 30s Buicks. each with a military uniform and a American flag on the front seat. Each one had wax jobs on them and they were in totally kept up condition. Story was he had 2 sons, both were in college when WWII broke out and joined the Army Air Corp, He bought these for them for when they returned, neither did, both killed in action.
Both cars had under 50 miles on them and both cars started up. Seems the old man had kept the things in perfect condition as a memorial to his sons.
Now, I do not know what ever happened to those 2 cars, but I was always amazed when he would pull out pictures of them and pass the photo album around. I think he donated them to someplace to keep the memorial thing going on.

I'm sure Chevrolet has kept tabs on the '57 in the event the old man passes.
As far as I know he had not next of kin either.

Had a buddy who inherited a Ford Torino GT from his grandma, it had the 428 or 429
I don't recall the year it was a '68 or '69. That would be an awsome car to have.

these are awesome stories, I wish we had some more pics

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom