Under Body Diagram or Photos? - 78 CJ5

Under Body Diagram or Photos? - 78 CJ5

Chmelarj

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1946 CJ2A, 1978 CJ5
I've got a tub that really needs some TLC and I'm missing sections of support frames and have no idea where they connect or if they're supposed to connect to different body parts.

Anyone have a good under body photo or diagram of the tub?

I've got a tub that really needs some TLC and I'm missing sections of support frames and have no idea where they connect or if they're supposed to connect to different body parts.

Anyone have a good under body photo or diagram of the tub?

Take some pictures of the areas you have questions with and I will try to take similar ones of my 77.:cool:

I'm guessing that welding in a steel angle would fix my obvious issues with the floor supports but wanted to get some opinions. Also, should I run the support all the way to the rocker panel?

Most of the load should be on the front body mount and mid mount. The floor pan welded to the rocker should tie it in. IMO It wouldn't hurt to run the angle to the rocker. Did you get a replacement drivers floor pan? Better safe than sorry.

Most of the load should be on the front body mount and mid mount. The floor pan welded to the rocker should tie it in. IMO It wouldn't hurt to run the angle to the rocker. Did you get a replacement drivers floor pan? Better safe than sorry.

I'm replacing the drivers and passengers side pans and just got the rear floor pan from Classic today, which was a great purchase. My drivers side rocker is in rough shape but to build everything better I'm thinking a sheet steel strip, the same width as the rocker, welded on the inside then tied to the support. It should be a good base for the outside rocker install. One of my concerns, which I think you answered, was if I would be stressing the body by welding it all together.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom