Build Thread Vader , A multi year Cj7

Build Thread Vader , A multi year Cj7
Good up grade, lights to see and brakes to stop...

Brakes especially. Made time to put up a new flag though after my oldest one got caught on the rain gutter and got torn. Its major faded so Im putting it in the garage. Vicki found a charity that takes older flags and uses them for Vets who dont have family and arent well off for their burials. Thats why Ill donate the better one with more vibrant color thats in my garage now.

0828231752_HDR.jpg

Man i need to start building a trailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here we are a little over a year later and I'm finally getting around to the brake booster upgrade. First out with the old.

20241015_153743.jpgHad to paint the master cylinder of course.

20240928_180835.jpg
Then a quick trip to the vise for a bench bleeding.

20241015_153726.jpg

Now the booster/master cylinder came with no instructions or parts list. Have to admit it had me a bit confused in the beginning. This must be a generic one size fits all deal. Since mine already had power brakes it was simple. Just one small piece threaded on held to the brake pedal rod with a pin and cotter pin. The rest of this stuff isn't needed for my application.

20241015_153842.jpg

All those pieces were connected to the bracket in some way or another which caused my confusion for a bit. They're just extra parts to get you the right length for different pedal applications.

For some reason the booster bracket is held on with standard nuts and bolts. Not sure why they didn't use captured nuts but I need an extra set of hands to bolt it to the firewall. My weekend to work so won't get it finished up until next weekend but at least I finally got started. 😅

20241015_153749.jpg

You will get there. It’s only week 54 or thereabouts.

You will get there. It’s only week 54 or thereabouts.
It's crazy how time can get away from you. I knew owning my own home would take up some tie but I underestimated it. I have a couple grand worth of parts to throw at the Renegade just sitting in tubs in my garage till the time is right.

Well got lucky and the kid stopped by yesterday for a little so I had the extra hand I needed. Unfortunately he couldn't stay long enough to bleed the brakes. It's driving me crazy , I'm dying to test drive it.🤬20241019_152734.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom