Want more leg room in your cj5 or willys? Our project with pics!!!

Want more leg room in your cj5 or willys? Our project with pics!!!

Mattduran

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
73 cj5

Hi everyone. Here is a project we did that may interest you if you would like to have a little more leg room in your CJ5 or Willys. Naturally these small jeeps have very lil leg room and are hard to get in and out with the design of the door frame on the body. If you put aftermarket seats in it like racing style you may have the feeling like your legs are wrapped around the steering wheel, specially when your 6'6". We cut the rear wheel wells out a lil deeper behind the seats and welded up plates on the inside that looks like the original. This project allows our front seats to slide back about 3 additional inches and recline back further. We 1st tested to make sure there was no tire flex in the corner of the wheel well so not to limit any flex. I would advise you to do the same with your particular setup. We did have to fab the seat sliders to go back this additional amount also. All said and done this project was well worth it and not one person to date has noticed the mod unless you mention it to them. Below are some pictures. Thank you.

imag0040.jpg

imag0029.jpg

imag0033.jpg

imag0037.jpg

imag0023.jpg

imag0052.jpg

imag0050.jpg

imag0047.jpg

imag0032.jpg

imag0022.jpg

imag0040.jpg
imag0029.jpg
imag0033.jpg
imag0037.jpg
imag0023.jpg
imag0052.jpg
imag0050.jpg
imag0047.jpg
imag0032.jpg
imag0022.jpg

Last edited:
NIce wheel well notches! I have thought about doing that to mine a few times, even have a few write-ups bookmarked, But hey! I'm short! My bride can suffer (and it reduces her demanding the driver's seat a little! :laugh:)

You must be blind... :) On the 1st post I see them, even when not logged in.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom