what color is your jeep?

what color is your jeep?
Mine was in three or four shades of primer when I got it. I have always liked desert camo, so I rattle-canned my whole rig with VHT Sportsman's Camoflage in Military Tan right before they discontinued it. :rolleyes:

fuelly.png

Shortly after, Krylon came out with the "Sand" color in their camo line. I started using that and it's pretty close. Up close it's more orange than the VHT, but not by enough to justify re-painting the whole rig. The Krylon is a better paint. It's actually waterproof (water beads off of it) and it's proven more resilient to scratching. Plus there's lots of colors in their camouflage line.

Lately I've been jonesing to put a camouflage pattern on, using the VHT as a base. I don't know though...

Mine was in three or four shades of primer when I got it. I have always liked desert camo, so I rattle-canned my whole rig with VHT Sportsman's Camoflage in Military Tan right before they discontinued it. :rolleyes:

fuelly.png

Shortly after, Krylon came out with the "Sand" color in their camo line. I started using that and it's pretty close. Up close it's more orange than the VHT, but not by enough to justify re-painting the whole rig. The Krylon is a better paint. It's actually waterproof (water beads off of it) and it's proven more resilient to scratching. Plus there's lots of colors in their camouflage line.

Lately I've been jonesing to put a camouflage pattern on, using the VHT as a base. I don't know though...
Thats what I used was the Krylon desert camo scheme. Painted it several years ago and have never had a problem with it. It's far better then the factory paint.

Here's some really old pics when I painted it

th_camo10a.jpg

th_camo9a.jpg

Last edited:
PO said it is Colorado Rockies purple.

I painted the windshield frame Bentley Gray to get an idea if I liked it or not. It is a standard color with lots of metallic and has no blue or green.

Purple. Its technically Ford Blue off of the late 90s Rangers, but its purple any way you look at it. Plan is to paint it a color I saw called dragons blood red.

I painted the windshield frame Bentley Gray to get an idea if I liked it or not. It is a standard color with lots of metallic and has no blue or green.
Can you give me some info on this color, supplier, single stage or base/clear? My CJ7 was originally silver and would like to lose the urban camo scheme. Thanks a bunch, Andre.

Last edited:
Silver is the best. You can then add chrome or go black. Its really a nice setup.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom