What half door uppers will fit a CJ7 with a CJ hardtop?

What half door uppers will fit a CJ7 with a CJ hardtop?

micrablue

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1. 85 CJ-7 (Black&Tan)
2. 85 CJ-7 (Beach Yellow&Black)
I've got a CJ7 with a CJ hardtop and am using YJ half doors.

I am trying to find uppers for my YJ half doors that will fit with the CJ hardtop. I would prefer hard uppers, but soft will be okay as well; because I don't have any.

YJ soft uppers for a YJ soft top will not work, due to their square corners; I know this for sure. Anyone know of others??

....I have been looking at this company. Has anyone used these or know someone? If so, what are they like and would they fit? They say "no"...

Jeep Wrangler Upper Doors: YJ '87 - '95 | Bulldawg Mfg

Thanks!

I have heard of folks using TJ uppers and moving one of the pins that fit into the YJ door. There are a few threads about the conversion on CJ8 .com.

I just finished the most redneck way of redoing half doors for my CJ. They were white but now black and are finally fitted on the jeep. I too grabbed my soft top uppers and realized that they won't fit. So along with the thread, I looked at the CJ8 link and I assume I need to get some TJ uppers and relocate the front and aft pins? I have a roll cage and will have to relocate the front pin anyway, but I wanted to confirm TJ uppers are the way to go before I get some.

From what I have seen and heard yes. TJ uppers are what you need. I had some YJ uppers with the rounded corner, but it looked like the bottom part if the upper above the latch would not work with the hard top inset layout i that makes sense.

I still have not had a chance to do this.

However, I have TJ and YJ upper soft halves, and am going home to my shop for Thanksgiving. I will see then, what all is involved, and used the CJ8 thread as well. Got to have something to block all that cold air from coming in while in Maine!

I recently put on a half hard top. I got some TJ uppers and modified them to fit. All I have left is to weld the rear pins back onto the window frames. Relying on the front and middle pins right now. Works well.

Dain

I recently put on a half hard top. I got some TJ uppers and modified them to fit. All I have left is to weld the rear pins back onto the window frames. Relying on the front and middle pins right now. Works well.

Dain

We need pics. Hope I dont sound too much like the other Moderator you know. :laugh:

Haha. You do. Let me post them up. I am not sure if I have a close up though.

e6yqevas.jpg

7ysypa3a.jpg

Dain

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom