Misc. What's it worth?

Misc. What's it worth?

Vinci

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'84 CJ7 Laredo, 5 sp 258, untouched original 72k miles except for an awful camo paint job from PO
I have an '84 CJ7 Laredo, I6, 5 speed, AC, PS. It is a 79k mile survivor. I've restored a lot of old cars, and I think the mileage is real on this one, but I can't prove it. The Jeep came out of an estate sale, owned by an old woman as her ranch Jeep. As far as I can tell, it was unmodified from factory except for a new muffler and an oil pressure gage. Even the old emissions gear (cat converter, etc) is still there. It ran when I got it, but 1st and 2nd synchros were scratchy. Didn't appear to have excessive oil consumption. Factory exhaust manifold was cracked (common) and the radiator had a slow leak. I put maybe 200 miles on it.

It had a new fuel pump, water pump, and rebuilt tilt steering column when I got it, have the receipts for those. The tub is in excellent condition compared to other tubs that I've looked at, I pressure washed it very thoroughly underneath, so there is no rust hiding. Some surface rust, but in general the tub is very solid and does not appear to have ever been damaged. The Jeep has been stored in my climate-controlled shop since I got it in 2013.

I started disassembly for a ground up restoration, but my son has lost interest and I've run into some health issues. I discarded the fabric top (but kept all hardware & doors) and the hood. When the previous owner painted it, they didn't take the hood hinges off, the new paint cracked around the hinges and trapped water underneath, which left two neat rust holes under each hinge. I felt the hood would be more trouble to salvage than it would be worth.

The fenders are both solid. The radiator is intact, but had a slow leak and would need to be rebuilt. The engine and trans are out of the vehicle, front clip is off as well. As I removed parts, I put the fasteners and small parts in labeled Ziploc bags. I think the upholstery and seats are original, all but driver's seat are in great shape. The D300 is disassembled, but coated with oil to prevent rust, and I have the few parts that were needed to rebuild it. I have a new SS battery box and a twin stick shifter still in its box. What do you guys think it's worth?

01717_c9L69CwNaFU_600x450.jpgIMG_5553.JPGIMG_5555.JPGIMG_5566.JPGIMG_5569.JPG

Wow, no one wants to bite on this one huh? Well, in my area (SoCal), something like that could get you about 2500 to 3000, I'd guess. If it was a '75 or older, you'd be able to get a bit more (Pre '75 vehicles are smog exempt regardless of the motor).

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks