What's Missing?

What's Missing?

Niedhogg

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'79 Jeep CJ7 Renegade with 304ci V8, TH400 auto, Quadratrac T-case, Stock 20 and 30 rears with no mods yet, not sure of the gear ratio.. 4" Softride Superlift, w/widetrac shock towers and 35x12.50x15 BFG Mud-Terrains

'76 CJ5, 232 ci, T-150 3-speed, D20 T-case, Corp. 20 rear w/full float axles and lockout hubs and Detroit auto locker, D30 front w/lockout hubs, gear ratio is unknown..
Went to change out the cap and rotor today, and here's what I found, or didn't find..
View attachment 10919

One of the weights also seems to be stuck, do I need a whole new dizzy? Options, and a parts list of what's missing would help me a bunch! I would like to keep it stock.

Your rotor is missing! No, you must have removed that.

Your pickup assembly is missing! No you must have removed that.

You have points but they are missing! No

Okay, I give up, what's missing?

Went to change out the cap and rotor today, and here's what I found, or didn't find..
View attachment 10919

One of the weights also seems to be stuck, do I need a whole new dizzy? Options, and a parts list of what's missing would help me a bunch! I would like to keep it stock.

:)Neidhogg,
Officially that's called a breaker plate , a thin metal plate that mounts the points. No points no Run!
:D:D:D:D

Your rotor is missing! No, you must have removed that.

Your pickup assembly is missing! No you must have removed that.

You have points but they are missing! No

Okay, I give up, what's missing?

Haha! The only thing I removed, was the distributor cap!

:)Neidhogg,
Officially that's called a breaker plate , a thin metal plate that mounts the points. No points no Run!
:D:D:D:D

Well I need to do something here... do I get a whole new distributor, or can I refurbish this thing? If I refurbish, all I'm going to get is the replacement parts.. I won't get any of the hardware to fasten it all in...

Oh so this was non-running. I would get a replacement distributor. My '79 has electronic ignition but my weights look different. I have a V8 but you should still have a Motorcraft dizzy. You didn't have points, did you?

Oh so this was non-running. I would get a replacement distributor. My '79 has electronic ignition but my weights look different. I have a V8 but you should still have a Motorcraft dizzy. You didn't have points, did you?

Yep, going in blind.. it was supposed to run, PO says he had just replaced all the guts in there a couple yrs ago, before he parked it in his buddy's pasture.. it appears that it's all been swiped.

I don't know, I think it did have points.. there is no module like on my V8 CJ7 ..

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom