What's my seat worth?

What's my seat worth?

wondernad

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ7 304, 98 XJ 4.0l, 90 YJ 2.5, and 93 240sx sr20det
Met a guy who us looking for a high back bucket seat. I happen to have one that I can sell but don't know what its worth. In decent shape but is definitely drying out. Any thoughts? Searched using search tempest and Ebay, only found one seat for sale on Ebay. They were asking 125. Mine does need a bolt drilled out of the bottom.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

It is a question of "what it is worth to you" so what is it worth to you? then ask him what it is worth to him. If it is worth more to him than to you he should own it. If it is part of your plan it is worth more than if it is just in the way , taking up space. Simple, right?:D

Not really in the way. Not in my plan either. I just want to get a reasonable amount for it without ripping of a fellow jeeper.

than ask him what it is worth to him and see if it makes you smile.:D If not, keep it.

I have a Levi (Edition) strauss ed. Back seat that is supposed to be quite rare and i was offered $250 for it even though the high backs are rare you can still get foam and skins for them so maybe $AMC 150 in good shape $50 if it needs recovering. I also am a firm believer in "its only worth what someone will pay" maybe see if he has something you need in trade , that way both of you get something you need without letting money get in the middle! I gave a guy a set of quad tires i had for free and when he moved a year later he gave me the quad! So there is always karma to think about, pay it forward!

Brian

If it's only one seat I would only give you $50 for it. And that is if is's in good shape.

If it's only one seat I would only give you $50 for it. And that is if is's in good shape.
X2.. My last old shape seat I bout I paid $50 for an it came with slider and mounting bracket

9293d1334464643-whats-my-seat-worth-seat.jpg

That seat looks to be in very good shape but the broken bolt brings it's value down. Have you ever remove a bolt with an EasyOut? If you remove the bolt yourself you may get $75 for it ($125 is overly optimistic)
If you try to drill that bolt out yourself be careful not to go to the side of the bolt. Screw it up and you'll have a hard time giving the seat away. If you are hesitant about the repair sell it as is for about $40

I am pretty sure I paid AMC 150 for a set of those seats. Same color too. One did have a little crack in the material but I was going to cover them anyway. Paid 50 for the matching back seat. A guy had a freshly rolled Renegade and I took what I could from it before the vultures arrived, haha.

Good info guys, guess I'll see if he'll do 75 to start. Prob negotiate to 50. waiting on him to call me back now. Maybe he decided to keep what he had.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom