wheel offset

wheel offset

surfbum

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ7... 258 motor... T-18 trans... Dana 20 case... Dana 30 w/ lockrite... AMC 20 w/ detroit and 1 piece axles.
Hope this is the right forum for this post. I just picked up a set of wheels on craigslist, but want to make sure they will work on my '79 CJ7 before I pay to have my new tires mounted on them. The rims were bought for an older F150. The rims are 15 x 8 and I know the bolt pattern what I need (5 x 5 1/2) but not sure about the offset. The wheels are new in the box and they read "Outlaw I, style AR61, size 15 x 8, P.C.D 5 x 5.5, offset -19mm". The tires are Dunlop Radial Mud Rovers. 33 x 12.5 x 15. I was hoping to get them mounted today, but want to make the offset is ok for my jeep before laying out the $$. Thanks for your help.... anyone looking for a good set of 31 x 10.5 x15 Trailriders ??? ...lol

Compare the backspacing on both wheels (current and new).

http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f19/backspacing-2332/

Then you'll be better suited to know... Also check the fender well clearance on your current setup. Then a few calculations and you'll be able to tell.

Can you tell us what the numbers are?

Thanks CJ
The backspacing is 3.75. I had them mounted yesterday, but needed new lugs, as my previous wheels are steel and the new wheels have a conical seat for the lugs. My local parts store only had 12 lugs, so I installed the front two wheels last night. They look good, and I checked the steering lock to lock and they do not rub and they are even with the fenders on the outside so I guess I'm ok :) My other 8 lugs are supposed to be here this morning and I will finish the install. What a difference they make !!! She looks good now... before with 4" of lift and 31 x 10.5's she reminded me of a DJ postal jeep... lol. THanks again for your time and I will post a before and after pic later today.

Great to hear that! Happy to hear they work and we would love to see all the photos!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom