Where is the leak?

sbrodacz

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
-78 CJ7
-Chevy 350
-TH400
I am trying to figure out where this leak is coming form. I know there is a leak on the front diff where the drive shaft connects. The other leak seems to be coming from the Transmission and or Transfer Case . Here is one picture. I will try and get more shortly if needed.

dscf0002zd.jpg

Hard to tell from the pic.
Best thing I can say is get a bunch of degreaser, clean it up and drive it for a short while. You have so much built up smeg (yep - that is a Jeep word :) ) that it is difficult to tell where the leak is.

Hard to tell from the pic.
Best thing I can say is get a bunch of degreaser, clean it up and drive it for a short while. You have so much built up smeg (yep - that is a Jeep word :) ) that it is difficult to tell where the leak is.

I was planning on power washing it and than using some degreaser. Hopefully that will help.

I will keep you guys posted. Hopefully I can get everything cleaned up soon. I'd still like to sand the frame down and coat it, but that will have to wait till everything is cleaned up and the leak(s) are fixed.

That's antirust. :)

Keep checking your fluids. When you find one low, top it off. When you find one that's regularly low, that's where it's coming from... but don't fix it, just keep a mental note to top that one off religiously.

That's antirust. :)

Keep checking your fluids. When you find one low, top it off. When you find one that's regularly low, that's where it's coming from... but don't fix it, just keep a mental note to top that one off religiously.

I'd rather not continue to top it off, but fix it. It put a bunch of fluid on my driveway in one night. But I haven't seen more since.

dscf0001sq.jpg

Pressure wash, let dry and throw a hand full of flour at it. It will show up pretty quick.:D

please ask you little brother where the pressure to blow a bubble is coming from?:wtf:

My little brother whose a mechanic said to spray the area with soap water and you'd start to see it bubble where the leak is.

That'd work Da Nutz if we had an AIR leak to deal with... but unless that soap reacts violently to OIL it ain't gonna' bubble none.

Tim, I am inclined to agree with you but I think we should give the man a chance to defend his gene pool.:)

That'd work Da Nutz if we had an AIR leak to deal with... but unless that soap reacts violently to OIL it ain't gonna' bubble none.

so simple a cave man could do it

that is how you find a leak in a tire with air pressure in it. not a oil leak

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom