WHO: Swine flu pandemic has begun, 1st in 41 years

BrockGrimes

Jeep-CJ.com Archive Master
Media
Resources
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
ON THE HUNT AGAIN
"The World Health Organization told its member nations it was declaring a swine flu pandemic Thursday — the first global flu epidemic in 41 years — as infections climbed in the United States, Europe, Australia, South America and elsewhere."

So at what point is it considered serious!

"Flu vaccine makers like GlaxoSmithKline PLC and Sanofi-Aventis have been working since last month on a swine flu vaccine. GlaxoSmithKline spokesman Stephen Rea said the company was ready to start making swine flu vaccine in large quantities once it finished its regular flu vaccine production in July."

In the United States, where there have been more than 13,000 cases and at least 27 deaths from swine flu.

"The last pandemic — the Hong Kong flu of 1968 — infected an estimated 500,000 Hong Kong residents, 15% of the population in Hong Kong, with a low death rate. In the United States, approximately 33,800 people died. Ordinary flu kills about 250,000 to 500,000 people each year. The pandemic of 1968 and 1969 killed an estimated one million people."

I myself aren't to worried about me or the wife, but I have a wee one.

I myself aren't to worried about me or the wife, but I have a wee one.
That troubles me also as I have a niece and two nephews. I know that there is a 99.999% (made up number) chance there will never be a problem but I still think about it!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom