wide track on cj what year axles needed

wide track on cj what year axles needed
just did a search on craigslist here in seattle area. And found lots of d60's i mean lots. So i will go pick up a set. There are a few hd ones are these better? Thanks for all the help. Oh what gear ratio should i look for. I have a 350 in the jeep with the sm420 in it.

just did a search on craigslist here in seattle area. And found lots of d60's i mean lots. So i will go pick up a set. There are a few hd ones are these better? Thanks for all the help. Oh what gear ratio should i look for. I have a 350 in the jeep with the sm420 in it.

What size tires are you going to run & what kind of use are we talking about.
Oh yeah, I'm running "Eagle 589's" on my rig, if you use hummer rims you'll be narrower.

Heavy Duty is generally better.;)

37's and a trail rig that will drive on the street to the trails.

ok i will look around for a set thanks for all the help.

for the rear, get a low pinion if you want the gears stronger, a high pinion if you are going have pinion angle problems

how would i know if i was going to have angle problems. I am using 4" yj springs on a soa setup but dont have any of the parts yet. You think i would have a problem?

how would i know if i was going to have angle problems. I am using 4" yj springs on a soa setup but dont have any of the parts yet. You think i would have a problem?

App. 9" of lift on a CJ5 . Yea your going to have problems.

i think ford is the only d60 that has the high pinion. Or could i cut and re clock it?

Because I've own & modified a MB, multiple CJ 2A's, multiple CJ5 's, A CJ7 , A Wangler & a CJ8 . Also i have helped many others modify their rigs.
It comes with experience.;)
I've seen plenty of mechanical abortions on the road & trail, I'm shocked some of these guys live.:eek:
View attachment 2583

Last edited:
Because I've own & modified a MB, multiple CJ 2A's, multiple CJ5 's, A CJ7 , A Wangler & a CJ8 . Also i have helped many others modify their rigs.
It comes with experience.;)
I've seen plenty of mechanical abortions on the road & trail, I'm shocked some of these guys live.:eek:
View attachment 2583

Check out the driveline angles on that bad boy!:eek:

i think ford is the only d60 that has the high pinion. Or could i cut and re clock it?

Ford made a Hi Pinion D 60 front axle only, you'll have to do more than re-clock it.

If you need some Hummer rims the 100 dollar man has military Hummer beadlocks for $60...

so you think stock yj or 2" lift springs on the soa setup

so you think stock yj or 2" lift springs on the soa setup

I would go with Rubicon Express reverse eye springs O" lift.
You should get 5.5" to 6" of lift & that's a lot on a stock wheelbase CJ5 .

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom