Will the bell housing in a 67 mustang w/ 289 fit in my 79 cj 7 w/ 304?

Will the bell housing in a 67 mustang w/ 289 fit in my 79 cj 7 w/ 304?

cww2140

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
2007 F-250 AND 1979 JEEP CJ 7
Like the title says. Will the bell housing in a 67 mustang w/ 289 fit in my 79 CJ7 w/ AMC 304 ? We both have 3 speeds. I found one today and i need one real bad but i have to jump on it today. Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks

what is it you need real bad> the bellhousing or a new engine?
If its just the bellhousing your looking to replace, No I don't think it will bolt to your engine.
If you are trying to put the 289 in your Jeep, it might/might not fit. Go to NovakAdapters.com and read the knowledge base. It should tell you if it is compatible.

But personally I wouldn't put a 289 in a Jeep, unless I wanted to race it. Then I would use a much larger engine anyways...
The 289 is an oversquare engine design, meaning it LOVES to rev, but there isn't a lot of low end to them. I have replaced every 289 I owned (in trucks mostly) with a 302 (or in some cases a 390) and been much happier with the drivability. I did have a Mustang that was 289 powered, and I loved it in there...

The ford bell housing will not fit the AMC engine - different patterns and size.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom